GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The R32 fuel mileage thread!

ad78

Ultimate Driving Machine
Car(s)
08 BSM 135i & 09 X5
this is my record breaking so far. i filled up my tank last night and it says 270
this morning going work travelling 50.6miles and running 70mph consistently.
now my MFD says 305 and my MPG is 26.1 :smile:

cool..

FortySix&2

Passed Driver's Ed
26mpg @ 70mpg? wow thats impressive. The REVO flash seems to have lowered my MPG at highway speeds...can anyone confirm or deny this?

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
i use the manual mode and keep the rpms low and ive been getting about 21 mpg city idk about the highway i havent taken any long trips with it yet

turbodub13

word
Car(s)
R32
i just got mine last weekend with 12 miles on it then drove it 330 miles to my house. averaged 24.3 cruising at 75. had to stop and put in a splash with about 60 miles to go. other than that i'm fairly happy with that.

CrzySpoolinIndian

What can brown do for you
18-20 mpg with almost 6000 miles... mostly city....drive for less than 5 miles on highways per driving day... when having fun driving with the transmission on manual 16-18 mpg ....14-15 mpg sometimes even lower when having too much fun :thumbup:

Yay..i dont feel bad with my 18-19 in city and 27-28 on the highway:headbang:

keviiiiin

vDubbin
i just had 18.92mpg on my last tank. even though the MFD read 19.5 (close enough..)

this was 70% city and 30% hwy with occasional aggressive driving

CarmG993

Passed Driver's Ed
Recently filled up and it calculated out to be 23.1
Quick pic of turning 1000 miles

.:R #2734

Ready to race!
Had to throw mine in there, just passed the 4K mark for my mileage. I had my Milltek installed yesterday, so today I felt like playing the MPG game. According to my MFD, I was averaging between 30.5 and 31.5 MPG on the highway :eyebulge:

I was going between 70 and 80. It was 70*F.

I am going to ABD to get GIAC installed today, so I will see if that improves it even more.

JohnHS

Passed Driver's Ed
My fuel mileage continues to improve. I'm up to about 27k on the odometer and going 70 on the interstate hover around 27mpg. Once I get up in the 80's it drops down to 26 or high 25's.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Not to bang on you guys... when I had my '95 GLX VR6 (different beast fer sure) I added a chip with a down pipe and full exhaust and gained 3 more MPG HWY. With my current GTI I have seen 40HWY with my mods driving like a Grandma.

SaintMiles

I just spent 2 days in my car, 1200 mile round trip and got 24.39mpg.
Started trip with 1500mi. odometer.
Hope it gets better.

City Driving gets 17
Don't expect it to get better
With my foot.