GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners Pt2

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
figured out why yesterday, car eventually wouldnt even start cold. It would try to fire but couldnt. Swapped plugs, fired right up no problems. I maybe ran these for 30 min

Such a bummer we couldn't get it running that day.

Lol hit them with a wire brush

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, I've done that a bunch of times.

613B6

Ready to race!
anyone ever randomly see the ecu flip shit and will throw -12 across all cylinders for knock correction. Mine did it tonight and ran like shit, but then cleared up. Maybe some sort of limp mode when it sees a bad variable?

It's a safe guard, happened to me when my ltft maxed out.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Going back to basics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382484689877.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382484689877.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 229

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Where do you have your PCV routed?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Oh I see that hte line goes back into the engine bay, thought both of hte PCV lines were being routed in front of the radiator and I was confused.

How are you liking the GT28 with the DV relocated up front with Rev D?
If you plan on sticking with the Rev D have you seen this?
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64863

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
I think its the latest diaphragm valve (Rev.g???) and I only have his jetta tuned to hold 21-22 ish psi. It spikes to 25 ish psi around 3200-3500 rpms but tappers down, so the stock DV might hold up for awhile with the GT28rs.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Oh I see that hte line goes back into the engine bay, thought both of hte PCV lines were being routed in front of the radiator and I was confused.

How are you liking the GT28 with the DV relocated up front with Rev D?
If you plan on sticking with the Rev D have you seen this?
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64863

I really don't see a quantifiable weakness with the Rev D. I have no doubt the GFB DV+ is a better part, has better capability but in practice I don't see how it'd make a difference.

I've run a Rev D to 30 PSI in my Golf R GTX3071R that I'm tuning and there was no hiccups.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I really don't see a quantifiable weakness with the Rev D. I have no doubt the GFB DV+ is a better part, has better capability but in practice I don't see how it'd make a difference.

I've run a Rev D to 30 PSI in my Golf R GTX3071R that I'm tuning and there was no hiccups.

do you happen to work for APR? i saw your location @ Opelika and your IP tags you in Auburn

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
anyone ever randomly see the ecu flip shit and will throw -12 across all cylinders for knock correction. Mine did it tonight and ran like shit, but then cleared up. Maybe some sort of limp mode when it sees a bad variable?

I had that on mine when at the track once. Trims were within spec. Tapp told me that if your calculated torque was over the number you had in maestro (I can't remember the damn map name) that the ecu could do this. I bumped the number and it never did it after that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
I'd imagine Apr is a pita to work at.