GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Best coilovers on the market !!!

gtiiiiiiii

Driver for Hire
Car(s)
MKV GTi
Any one interested in a set of those coilovers?
Price?
I'm running H&R race springs with bilstein sport shocks right now =[
Didn't have the money to go coilovers at the time and now I'm just kinda stuck with them.

hypoxia

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running H&R race springs with bilstein sport shocks right now =[

What are your impressions of the race springs with bilsteins? I was considering getting the bilsteins with neuspeed or H&Rs.

gtiiiiiiii

Driver for Hire
Car(s)
MKV GTi
What are your impressions of the race springs with bilsteins? I was considering getting the bilsteins with neuspeed or H&Rs.
I think they really firmed up the suspension and got rid of the terrible wheel gap, which was a big plus in my book. The car feels really firm around corners and reacts well to direction changes (I also have an adj. autotech rsb set on full stiff).
Obviously a spring and shock can't compare to the adjustibility of coilovers, but if you don't plan on adjusting them then they work in the same way.

kidthunder

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
i got a question and yes i have researched, what do you guys think the best option for me would be take these factors in to consideration. I live in canada so we get snow and the roads in the city can get bumpy, what i am going for is to get rid of the wheel gap, which setup would be better for me and i dont want a harsh ride but i do want improved performance. I hav ebeen looking at H&R super sports paird with bilstein sport shocks (i have read some bad things about that combo) or koni coilovers.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
My friend has supersports with the stock shocks at ~40k and they ride harder than my H&R cupkit, but it's still dealable. How much snow do you guys get? I'm assuming your GTI is on some type of winter setup? They are about 2" lower than stock, 1.3" if you've got the OEM Euro suspension. Still fine for 6-7" of snow though. If there's more snow than that on the roads, then you're gonna be in trouble, but that's at any height pretty much. I've always heard good things about Bilstein sport shocks.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
I wish I could afford the comp coils - It just makes sense even though i dont AX - the other setups just squish the suspension down and that has to reduce the lifespan, while these are perfectly adjustable!

Thanks again for this thread Dan - Im gonna try to save up for these.

gtiiiiiiii

Driver for Hire
Car(s)
MKV GTi
those look like the early ones
new ones have inverted the rear shocks so the damping is adjustable without any tools

This thread has been really informative. Saved me from buying some POS coilovers. Sorry for the semi thread jack earlier.
I wanted to ask you though about what you think of H&R race springs with bilstein sport shock combo. I figure if I hear how bad of a combo it is then it will give me the motivation to go ahead and get these.:help: