GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Best coilovers on the market !!!

drumma022

On my 350z, I have driven on JIC (Cross), H&R, Stance, and KW V3 Coilovers and I like the KW over all of the others by far. H&R was a close 2nd, Stance in 3rd, and JIC last. It seemed that that JIC were over-dampened given the spring rate they provided.

-R-

_/\_ SCCA _/\_
Those are you made by JIC-Magic Right?

They look great the price is not bad either considering you are getting the camber plate and adj monotube dampers.

What are the stock spring rate on the GTI?

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Dan how much do you suppose I could lower my GTI with these? I want to slam it out, probably on 19s. I've considered bags, but I dont know if I can justify tearing apart a 20k + car to put it on bags. However these coils would be a good chunk toward bags. Or how much can I lower it safely without worrying about damage?

Dustin

Im on 19s and my car is pretty dumped, andi can still lower the car even more but i like where its at and I drive the car everyday. I have JIC-Cross coilovers and they are fine as a daily driver and at the same time I can take to the track and beat them up.

SilverGTIDave

Passed Driver's Ed
They look just like JIC Magic coilovers. Pillowballs mounts (Spherical Bearing mounts) are great for autocross but way to harsh for street driving.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
Street driving impressions:
Car is a lot firmer than stock. On small to medium sized bumps, it is fine. On large bumps it is a tad rough. Also, since the car has metal mounts, instead of rubber mounts (like stock) there is a little bit more noise transmitted to the body. But overal impression is very good. I prefer a stiff car, so for me, its great. I like that these will go higher than my previous coilovers (pss9). So I don't need to worry about hitting my front end on speed bumps or on our shitty roads. But these certainly can go low as the adjustment range is huge. If your looking for stock like ride quality, these are not for you.

Autocross racing impressions:
WOW
Car is definitely faster than last year on PSS9
just adding camber front and rear, gives me tons more grip.
and by my pyrometer readings, it shows that i am getting a nice even temperature over the whole tire meaning that i am using the tire evenly :thumbup:
the car reacts a lot faster to inputs due to higher spring rates, and metal mounts ( i need to change my driving a bit, still getting used to it)
since the car is faster out of the corner, it is really showing its new weak point, which is the stock brake pads.
I am carrying so much more speed thru the corner, that when i need to brake for the next corner , I can't seem to slow down enough. I'll get some hawk hp+ pads to remedy that.

on the R compounds the current settings are great
9k front and 9k rear with my 28.5mm rear swaybar on full stiff works great, car handles like how i like to drive it, very point and shoot

but on street tires, it may a bit too much spring in the rear
at the limit, the car can get twitchy, especially at the end of a long slalom
i will play with alignment and swaybar settings, before resorting to changing to a lower rear spring rate. For those that don't have a huge rear bar like mine, 9k may be fine, but the combination of 28.5mm bar + 9k, seems like it is too much for a street tire.

so far , i am very impressed
it has met my expectations of a competition worthy coilover
something the bilstein pss9 could not come close to achieving
I may lower the car a bit more, only because it looked so much better last year, when it was a bit lower.

here is how she sits currently