GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Best coilovers on the market !!!

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Awesome review Dan. Yea I bet those street tires don't like the 9k spring you through in the back lol, I have the 8k in the rear not and im loving it and the street tires are still responding pretty well to them. cant imagine how much more stiff driving the 9k would be like.

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
what is the damping set on right now in the rear? how many clicks is it set to?

jackkel

Passed Driver's Ed
just got these installed

Got a question...in order to adjust ride height on the rears, which parts do i adjust?

do i adjust these?:

or do i adjust these?:

credit DanGSR for the cropped pictures...

Last edited:

jackkel

Passed Driver's Ed
loosen the allen key, and you will be able to spin the shock, and make the shock length shorter

thanks DanGSR...

when the guy had to lower the rear, he shortened using the perch with the spring. He had to jack up the car and he took out the spring to turn the perch as it was really tight while under the car...is the spring perch supposed to be that tight even after u loosen the allen key? So do i have to jack the car to adjust height?

Reason I ask is because I would want to try to raise the spring perch back to where it was and lower using the shock instead as you suggested.

how did you adjust the camber since the hole on top is so small? It looks so hard to access the nuts.

apologies for so many questions...

Last edited:

jackkel

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks DanGSR...

when the guy had to lower the rear, he shortened using the perch with the spring. He had to jack up the car and he took out the spring to turn the perch as it was really tight while under the car...is the spring perch supposed to be that tight even after u loosen the allen key? So do i have to jack the car to adjust height?

Reason I ask is because I would want to try to raise the spring perch back to where it was and lower using the shock instead as you suggested.

how did you adjust the camber since the hole on top is so small? It looks so hard to access the nuts.

apologies for so many questions...

bump ... appreciate if you could comment DanGSR

thanks

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
yes, you MUST jack up the car, and put them on jackstands for safety
yes, it is normal for the collar to be difficult to spin even when the allen key is loose, there is still a lot of spring pressure on the seat

as for adjusting the camber, i had to drop the entire assembly to reach the adjustment bolts

for a quick reference, max full negative is about 3 degrees
and 2 lines from max is about 2.5 degrees

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI

jackkel

Passed Driver's Ed
hey there...fellow singaporean

if you feel that you need the ability to adjust camber, then they are the ones for you...

a little harder than stock, cos the spring rates are higher. I like it so far....cant wait to bring it to Sepang.