GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Best coilovers on the market !!!

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Great response Dan ;) much appreciated

Another question

With this type of lowering, wouldn't the chance of hitting something on the up travel increases?? Such as the axle hitting the body, or the tire hitting the fenders wall?

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
for me, i will never sacrifice performance just to "look better"

Amen to that! lol but with the cross coils, you can look good and not sacrifice performance. :biggrin:

AznRac3rPOI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
im the opposite
i have no power mods
so in reality is probably spent less in total on their car than some ppl
and i have $80 rims, where some ppl spend over $2,000 on a set of rims

Hahaha thats me right there! im a wheel whore, Volk TE37s FTW :biggrin:

birdwig

ridin on thin ice
Dan how much do you suppose I could lower my GTI with these? I want to slam it out, probably on 19s. I've considered bags, but I dont know if I can justify tearing apart a 20k + car to put it on bags. However these coils would be a good chunk toward bags. Or how much can I lower it safely without worrying about damage?

Dustin

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
If you're going to slam it don't both with expensive coils like this. The Cross coils are race designed and oriented. If you just want to slam it, look into FK's or KW3's.

EDIT: damn, Dan beat me to it.

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hey Dan,

I have been reading quite a bit of your posts and now have more questions than I care to type. :)

Have you considered writing a review of street suspensions? I am looking into upgrading my suspension and am looking for a good street only suspension, that will lower the car a bit, but not the slammed look. Any thoughts?

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Well I'll answer now, Dan can chime in later.

For general street use I like the Koni+Eibach spring/shock package. Lowers the car up to 1.2" or so and still handles very well. If you want to go lower you can try H&R springs. This option will run between $500-800.

If you want to spend a bit more you can try a set of coilovers. Bilstein PSS9's aren't bad. They are height and rebound adjustable. These or similar coils (Koni's) will run between $950-1400.

These are just rough numbers and suggestions, but what I believe you are looking for is somewhere in the first option.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Dan how much do you suppose I could lower my GTI with these? I want to slam it out, probably on 19s. I've considered bags, but I dont know if I can justify tearing apart a 20k + car to put it on bags. However these coils would be a good chunk toward bags. Or how much can I lower it safely without worrying about damage?

Dustin

Get FK's, B&G's, or Patec's not that they are bad coils but if you want slammed and want a decent price go that route. The fk's highsports are the cheapest and the lowest coils you can find out of those three companies.

EuroShoes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW
According to FK, the Highsports can lower up to 55mm, or 2.17 inches from stock ride height. That is a good drop, and I'm sure you can go even lower than that with them, but there are ones that go even lower. The ultimate coilovers for lowering your car are the B&G RS Coilovers. B&G claims that they can be lowered 4.5 inches from the stock ride height while still maintaining the feel of the stock ride. They're about $175 more than the FK Highsports, but are well worth it in my opinion. They have 18 way adjustable dampening also.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
According to FK, the Highsports can lower up to 55mm, or 2.17 inches from stock ride height. That is a good drop, and I'm sure you can go even lower than that with them, but there are ones that go even lower. The ultimate coilovers for lowering your car are the B&G RS Coilovers. B&G claims that they can be lowered 4.5 inches from the stock ride height while still maintaining the feel of the stock ride. They're about $175 more than the FK Highsports, but are well worth it in my opinion. They have 18 way adjustable dampening also.

FK's go a bit lower than B&G's there was a debate about it on the vortex.
But you are right about the ride quality of the B&G's.