GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
i like it on the quarter better. yea im gonna try an work on mine too. that oil pumps coming off one way or another. Are you planning on cutting the crap out of your fenders before installing the flares

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah that's the general consensus. And yes, the flat part of the wheel wells get cut out, so it goes up about an 1"- 1 1/2" and then the flares make the new wheel well. However I have to figure out what to do with the fender liner as its going to be about 75mm too short now lol.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Just pull the fender liners out. I havent had mine in for ~2 years after I installed my SRS-Tec fenders. This isnt a DD anymore

Very true! I ran without them for a long time but I'm trying to protect the remote resevoir lines. Already rubbed through the insulation on the passanger side line.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Is piecing the fenders together to cover critical areas a solution? Or rolling them out? Sounds like there will be far too much new area to cover with OEM fender liners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Just pull the fender liners out. I havent had mine in for ~2 years after I installed my SRS-Tec fenders. This isnt a DD anymore

Any hope of keeping the fender liners in with the SRS-Tec ones? Even getting really creative with a plastic welder?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I wouldn't, maybe if you were reaaallly good at plastic welding, otherwise they don't even come close. I'd just remove the liner, clean the paint and under coat or rhino line it. I'll probably eventually put a rubberized undercoating on my inner fenders once I drill the new holes for brake lines and wiring

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Get a nylox brush if you are refurbishing a lot of parts. Cleans up stuff way better and way faster than a wire brush.

Cleaned up some 18z calipers with one and they looked new with very little effort.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well the set of fender flares I was picking up used fell through, and I missed the sale at ECS. So now i have to save up for a little while to get the flares new through ECS, set me back a little ways and tied up funds needed to finish up by April.

Things on track, ordered all new braided brake lines and new Motul RB650 fluid, spacers shipped today and ordering all new rotors and pads within the next two weeks.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Whats seats are you going with? I found an airbag simulator for the seats but the occupant bladder needs to be swapped from passenger seat to new seat else you will have airbag lights of doom!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk