GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PRNDS OF DEATH!!!!

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
So, I was sittin in my car just now. In park. I was parked at a slight downhill grade. I put my car into D. I press the gas, nada. I think im in Neutral. I look down at my MFD, and badda-bing! PRNDS is flashing at me! I turned it off, then back on again, and drove home, no problems. Should I worry? What just happened? btw, i have an 09 with 4500 miles

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
mechatronics unit. They have been going out left and right in these cars.

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
I have read about the mechatronics going out. When i saw mine flash, i was like "OH SHIT!" But then it stopped. Should I drop it off at the dealer tomorrow?

Kthor703

Ready to race!
I got it at around 2000 miles and I ignored it until about 5k miles but then took it in just in case and they replaced my mechatronics. Be prepared to lose your car for at least a week unless it is deemed safe to drive.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Will I get a free rental if it stays in the shop?

Yes

More than likely the dealer will replace your mechatronic unit. If they dont replace the whole unit dont be worried just keep on top of it and know that it could still be faulty and check for symptoms of your mechantorinc unit being bad.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
They will scan for codes. If they dont see any codes, they probably wont do anything.

I doubt your dealer will replace. They will probably tell you to come back if it does it again.

Treadmarks

Ready to race!
Wait until you're pulling out in traffic and it does that shit and you get run over by an 18 wheeler.:thumbsup: Then take it to the dealer.

Seriously, most of us that have experienced the flashing lights of death required only a trans temp sensor.

Vagg it and you get no codes.

Take it to the dealer and they get no codes.

Tell your service department manager that they need to stress test MVB 64 and it will probably fail. After they replace the sensor (if they can get one) all is well.

Be sure and report it to NHTSA, more info here.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
gosh man, seriously?!?! another 09. problems keep showing up, I swear. there are a couple of threads with this same issue and a majority of them are an 09 (i believe).

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
Ok, so i just dropped it off at Herman Cook VW, in San Diego. I took 3 steps in the door, then I ask "Can I speak with the service dept.?" Then they immediately ask "Are you modified?" WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!?!!?!?! Then I finally get to the service desk. Then a guy across the hall asks me "Are you modified?" Of couse, I respond "No" to both of them. Im stock after all. I kind of feel like someone shouldnt be assumed to be modified. I only have a tint, golfmkv.com stickers and painted emblems. Why dont they fricken check with their diagnostic shit when they get my car? Do they think im gonna say "Yea, im stage 1, with an APR reflash" wth... then the guy gave me a lecture about reflashes. w/e
I guess its just because im 16...