GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
K04 Time -- Build up/info thread (With pics!)

Update 3/4:
k04 installed. No software yet, that is coming tomorrow 3/5.
I have taken the compressor housing off the stock k03 to examine the compressor wheel for damage. Slight damage found, see http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1536173&postcount=168

Update 2/26:
Pics here -- http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1521292&postcount=125

My turbo is on its way out. It is whining like a bitch and is a ticking time bomb. I am going to replace it very soon. Here is the sound its making: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw6xqtwRH9w

Sooo...I have a list of my k04 parts. I have been compiling this list for quite some time and my upgrade will happen much sooner than expected.

I would like to make sure I have all the required parts. Now remember my mods that I already have. I do not need the k04 air intake pipes and the dv relocation parts. I only need parts to bolt a k04 onto the motor...and I am talking everything -- bolts, washers, studs, etc.

I am pretty sure my list is accurate, but I want to make sure so I can put these parts on order so I wont have to place a second order and possibly wait weeks for parts to come in from Europe.

You will also need these parts. I forgot them on my list! Thanks Shazsta for the part numbers.

NOTE: Ignore 06F 133 073 D on the table above.
intake manifold gasket - 06F 129 717 D $20.71
injector install kit (x4) - 06D 998 907 $10.20 (x4)

Last edited:

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Ok, im gonna say it...

Why not just get your turbo fixed under warranty? And how you know your turbos failing?

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
2 exhaust manifold gaskets?

there should only be 1

and you might need an intake manifold gasket.

Terminology is not correct, but the part numbers are

And have you ever tried to get a turbo warrantied? I doubt it. A good friend of mine did get it warrantied and he is BONE stock and he had the hardest time getting it replaced. VW sent out a rep and everything. Getting my turbo replaced under warranty is not possible and I might as well upgrade so I dont pay installation twice when the K04 is inevitable.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
And have you ever tried to get a turbo warrantied? I doubt it. A good friend of mine did get it warrantied and he is BONE stock and he had the hardest time getting it replaced. VW sent out a rep and everything. Getting my turbo replaced under warranty is not possible and I might as well upgrade so I dont pay installation twice when the K04 is inevitable.

No I havnt tried but thank you for the clarification.. Do you have the link to the video with ur turbo, just curious to hear what it sounds like

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
its in his first post

God, how the hell did i miss that...

OT, hows your warranty claim going bud?

Edit:
I know your supposed to hear a dentist drill but not an industrial size.. that thing is hella loud!

skateforgirl

I gots Vtak
Car(s)
05 s2000
Yea that does sound like a bad turbo.
Good luck with the build. :thumbsup:

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Yea, thats what I thought. Ill update my excel file but screw the picture! lol

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
how many miles do you have on your car staulkor?

also wouldn't it be easier and less expensive to just get an ed30 kit from apr(or any other company that has a kit like apr's) during their specials? also some of those parts on that picture have been updated, but should come up automatically when dealer puts old number in the new part number will replace it.