GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New IE Intake Manifold

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
If you are chasing every pony and plan on K04 or up, I do think an upgraded manifold is worth it. If you have done everything else (DP, TOP, discharge pipe, IC, etc) the intake manifold is the last choke point in the system, so at that point it does make sense. Personally I will be going with the HPA, but I'm also doing a full built motor (top and bottom), DPI W/M, Borg Warner EFR turbo, etc. I think IE has done a great job and their manifold looks great, the engineering that has gone into it and the design also look top notch. It will have a small market, but for those that will actually utilize it will see some good benifits.

Unfortunately, I think the biggest market for it will be kids with mommy and daddy's money that just think it looks cool.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Looks nice but it is also a lot of money, what about the flaps? I guess is not for someone with a canned stage 2 tune, but not sure about APR or Revo big turbo tunes.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Anybody know what ever happened with this?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Really curious what one can do compared to a manifold with the runner flaps deleted.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Unfortunately, I think the biggest market for it will be kids with mommy and daddy's money that just think it looks cool.

Sweet, that's me! Pulling trigger now, haha!

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
We need a flapperless tune for the TSI motor befor ethis will be of any use for me.
I tried running flapperless and it ran like dog dick.

I love the extra work IE put into their manifold design.
FWIW HPA had some QA issues with some of their manifolds, some people had leaking issue due to bad casting. They have resolved that issue though.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Oh yeah I forgot about that!
I think TMS Racing removed his HPA manifold after he blew out the sealant after doing some 30+ psi testing

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I'm planning on picking one up, not sure how much the runner length and volume will impact things.

DC Dubber

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I'm pretty sure there's more to tuning for these than just the flapper delete. The volume of the manifold as well as the length of the runners is probably a bit different than the OEM, so I assume the tuning will have to account for that as well.

HYDE16 reviewed HPA's manifold with APR's K04 tune. It's an interesting read for those considering going with one of these. Not sure if he's still using it though.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Hyde removed his