GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Method for getting an R32 0-100 in 4.6 Seconds

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Did i wave?

I got to catch up with Chaddy, Jules and family. Thanks for the cuppa, chinwag and run down Mac Pass!! I think those traffic lights at the top should be a permanent addition, particularly when you get to be first off the lights :biggrin: The slightly damp roads also made for keeping the low speeds challenging even in the AWD beasties. Have to do it again soon.

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
Did i wave?

I got to catch up with Chaddy, Jules and family. Thanks for the cuppa, chinwag and run down Mac Pass!! I think those traffic lights at the top should be a permanent addition, particularly when you get to be first off the lights :biggrin: The slightly damp roads also made for keeping the low speeds challenging even in the AWD beasties. Have to do it again soon.

No :cry: :cry: :cry:

You were to busy overtaking a row of cars.
:mad0259:

Last edited:

chaddy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
That car is so good JF can drive it while waving both hands:smile:

Great run down Mac Pass, the Red light at the roadworks meant I had a clear run while the TTRS caught up with the traffic in front. Can a car be too fast?:iono:

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Great run down Mac Pass, the Red light at the roadworks meant I had a clear run while the TTRS caught up with the traffic in front. Can a car be too fast?:iono:
You would have caught them as well. I was only waiting for like 40seconds or so before you caught me... and you had your mrs in the car! I didn't actually crack the speed limit... but i did keep it through the bendy bits :biggrin: But, yes, i think this may be too fast for public roads. It's certainly very hard to enjoy :lol:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
UPDATE:

I had 2 spins all day... which was pretty good. Nearly had a third but caught it while banging my head into the A-pillar. Damn stupid small car.

:lol:
Well I believe the oft quoted "driver mod" is required here :biggrin:

A bit late but congrats on the car.
Must've been hard to let the R keys go!

I'd love a TT RS, does it come in DSG? :biggrin:

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^Wasn't talking about the spinning - just the banging of my head on the A-pillar.

And yes, as of the MY11 models, you can get the TT RS in DSG. We should see them on our shores late this year/early next. We'll then see them lining Audi dealers getting repairs made on the DSG as the manual owners cruise past banging their heads on the A-pillar :biggrin:

wastegate

Car(s)
08 R32
That's for R32's because they need to be loud to be noticed. :fighting0030::wink:

:) That is why I got the R32, your off having fun and notice a cop you stick it in 6th and cruise on by.. Cop looks up and only sees a Golf drive past and keeps looking for a hoon car :D

I had enough of getting pulled over in the Supra just because of the way it looked.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
^Wasn't talking about the spinning - just the banging of my head on the A-pillar.

Yep, so was I (not talking about the spinning).
Just taking the piss - thinking of you squeezing into the TT like those old clown shows with a big guy squeezing into a mini (and hence hitting your head). Probably just the envy talking!

BTW is there really zero rear room?

And yes, as of the MY11 models, you can get the TT RS in DSG. We should see them on our shores late this year/early next. We'll then see them lining Audi dealers getting repairs made on the DSG as the manual owners cruise past banging their heads on the A-pillar :biggrin:

Ahh. So wonder how soon DSG rebuilds will be needed when the TT RS bunch find launch control...

[now has new dream car... must win OZ Lotto tonight, $15mill should do it...]

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
BTW is there really zero rear room?
Basically. I mean, i got 3 people in there the other week for a short trip to the nursery... where i then filled her with plants and put 3 people back in. Had to slide the passengers seat quite a way forward, and it wouldn't be comfortable for an adult for more than a 20-40minute trip, but a kid up to about 9-10 would probably find it OK on longer trips. There's no room behind me and moving further forward would compromise my driving position... so it's not going to happen. I didn't buy it to be a taxi.

I was a bit surprised how much i could squeeze in the back with the parcel shelves removed. We stuck $300 of seedlings, small shrubs and medium sized flowering plants in there no hassles. Boot liner is a god send :p Not Golf practical, but man - i was so surprised at just how practical it is for what it is.

Androo

lolwut... ??
Nice Scott, congrats. I've seen a TTRS but definitely wasn't you that i saw and I must say its a nice car. Enjoy!

Is the dog allowed to ride in it? :p