GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Method for getting an R32 0-100 in 4.6 Seconds

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Forgot about the dog.
So does it need a full race harness to stop it hitting it's head on the small car A-pillar? :biggrin:
Sure hope it's toilet trained!

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^No, that's just me.

She just lays on the back seat quietly with her seatbelt on. I mean, you don't have to drive an RS flat out all the time. The beauty of it is that it's just a normal car providing you have a normal attitude while driving it. It's not much fun driving it like that... but it can be done. I do it every morning and afternoon on the way to/from work.

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
^No, that's just me.

She just lays on the back seat quietly with her seatbelt on. I mean, you don't have to drive an RS flat out all the time. The beauty of it is that it's just a normal car providing you have a normal attitude while driving it. It's not much fun driving it like that... but it can be done. I do it every morning and afternoon on the way to/from work.

So have you tried playing "games" yet - like how low can you go with fuel consumption (a la James May)...

It's a pity we don't have a few autobanhs around to thrash out the car every now and then. I practically don't drive mine anymore now that the wife has the kid ferrying/work travel priority. All the rest of the free time is spent catching up with life (and the garden, cleaning up, etc. - did i mention my kid had his first projectile vomit on the carpet 2 days ago?)

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
:lol: I'm glad things are going well with your carpet...

I haven't managed to crack 8L/100 yet, but i've come quite close. I think if i choose a less scenic route on long drives then the car should easily average 7.2-7.4L/100.

Average driving to/from work is about the same, slightly less, than the R32 was. Not bad considering there's 65kW more powargh and 100Nm more torx.

But, you know, it's just fuggin fun to drive. Even sitting in traffic... it's just an absolute pleasure to drive. I just love getting into it and going somewhere. Anywhere. :biggrin:

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Ahh, still have that feeling in the GTI.
More so when i drive it less!

EDIT: Carpet came thru ok! (No stink left either)

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
^Wasn't talking about the spinning - just the banging of my head on the A-pillar.

And yes, as of the MY11 models, you can get the TT RS in DSG. We should see them on our shores late this year/early next. We'll then see them lining Audi dealers getting repairs made on the DSG as the manual owners cruise past banging their heads on the A-pillar :biggrin:

DSG version will be unreal! There was one at eastern creek today.. Looks nice:thumbsup:

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^Yeah, DSG will certainly open a new market up for Audi. And it'll be stupidly fast. Well, even more stoopidly fast.
Ahh, still have that feeling in the GTI.
More so when i drive it less!
Yeah, but i never felt quite like this in the R32. Must be love. :wub:

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Your correct when you say "stupidly fast", coz it's impossible to consider it as "smart fast" without first addressing the fundamentals of chassis/engine/suspension design.

Manufactures are dangling a carrot of increased HP to sucker the masses into thinking they're driving a sporty car.

I hear the new 2.5 ton Bentley Continental GT does 0-100kms in 4.6sec...brilliant were do I sign?

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Well, luckily Audi have addressed suspension and engine design with the TT RS. They had a good chassis platform to work with from the word go, though, so no issues there. Then of course they did the brakes so you could stop in a big hurry like the way you can get to speed :biggrin: She's also only 10% heavier at the front than the rear which makes for quite a neutral feel with the AWD. I just think that even in a sports car, for general street use, 4.6 seconds is waaaaay quick. It's stoopid in Aus because there's no way i'll ever use it on the street to it's full potential. Shaving 0.2 seconds off that with DSG + a stage 1 tune will get scary close to 4second supercar barrier... and a stage 2 will crack it right into that "give me wings so i can fly this baby" territory.

I agree some cars out there miss the mark when making sport about power rather than a package. I don't quite fathom Bentley entering the 'need for speed' stakes as it just misses the point of a grand tourer the Bentley is meant to be. It's some mighty impressive numbers given the cars size etc. but i agree it's just not useful in such a whale of a car. There's obviously a market for it, though...

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
No doubt Audi engineers have done there R&D correctly...

It's becoming a HP "arms race" amongst manufactures and consumers are being caught hook, line & sinker.

Apologies for the hijack :threadjacked: :thumbsup:

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
It's becoming a HP "arms race" amongst manufactures and consumers are being caught hook, line & sinker.
So, what you're saying is that rich bogans are a global problem - it's not restricted to the Aussie market and Fords/Holdens? :wink:

I blame mining.

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
^Yeah, DSG will certainly open a new market up for Audi. And it'll be stupidly fast. Well, even more stoopidly fast.

Yeah, but i never felt quite like this in the R32. Must be love. :wub:

Better not even try to sit in your new RRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS then, or i might start not enjoying the GTI!