GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

Domokun

Rawrr
Car(s)
GTI MKV
Hello all, I am planning on a getting some new wheels and my specs of the wheels will be the following:

17x9.5 et 35 all around

One of my good buddies recommended 205/45/17 all around for a good stretch and due to the fact I want to sit on the lip on the rear. I also want to tuck up front and I believe I will be able to do so with those tire sizes.

I just want hear other opinions on tire sizes. What do you all think?

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
I'm toying with the possibility of running 17x10 ET30 with 225/45s since I already have the tires on my Khartoums, I'm on coils so I can adjust it as needed but the chart doesn't really go that wide or that much offset. Anybody else have any experience with this setup or similar?

Juggern@ut

Yezus Krys
Car(s)
GTi MKV
Been doing a bit of reading but couldn't get a clear answer so I thought i'd post up.

Will 18x8.5 +35 on 225/40 tires fit without any mods on sitting at stock height?

I've got an approx 2-2.5 finger gap (euro springs).

I don't plan on lowering the car in the near future, simply because I tend to drive with passengers every now and then and I also drive up and down steep driveways daily.

I would just like to get see a tougher look from the wheels - minor poke.

Cheers

Yes. I had 19x8.5 +35 on my 08 which came with the lower springs.. I never had rubbing whatsoever. You will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swiper

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 VW GLI
I'm toying with the possibility of running 17x10 ET30 with 225/45s since I already have the tires on my Khartoums, I'm on coils so I can adjust it as needed but the chart doesn't really go that wide or that much offset. Anybody else have any experience with this setup or similar?

I know that x10 et28 is popular for the back with -3.5* of camber, but you won't get that to fit in the front. So much poke. Also those tires sidewalls are most likely too big.

Tapatalk because bored.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Can anyone comment if 18x9 et35 with a bore of 66.5 will fit okay? I tried willtheyfit.com but I don't really know what I'm looking at

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You can fit it with small ish Tyres . 215/40 say (depending on hight) but will probably need full camber.
Thanks, that's the opposite of what I'm trying to do though. I'm trying to get more tread on the ground, so I guess 8.5 is probably the largest I can run without camber?

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
With ET 35 yes.
Fyi you will also need centre spigots/rings from your 66.5 to our 57.1 cb.
Merc wheels?
I was looking at rpf1's but I don't think it will work out. I was hoping to fit a 235 up front but I have a 2.5in drop so it doesn't seem possible

DerekH

Ready to race!
you can run wider tires you just need the right offset i run a 9 inch and a 255 and judging by your sig pic im a little lower than you. stiff springs make your life a lot easier when running more aggressive setups.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
you can run wider tires you just need the right offset i run a 9 inch and a 255 and judging by your sig pic im a little lower than you. stiff springs make your life a lot easier when running more aggressive setups.
What do you recommend for an offset?

DerekH

Ready to race!
For a 235 a 45-40 would be good. I if you are going for performance i would run a 8.5 inch which will keep the sidewalls a little straighter than a 9 inch will. I'm not running a lot of camber but i am running some and i do touch a tiny bit on the rear bumper if i hit a big bump. My front tires touched the strut tower very lightly with et45 so i tossed a 3mil spacer, but my snows are 235 on an 8 inch and they have lots of space with an et45. Again i will say i am running very stiff springs which makes it much easier to run more aggressive setups.

Lemme know if you have any other questions. happy to help.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
For a 235 a 45-40 would be good. I if you are going for performance i would run a 8.5 inch which will keep the sidewalls a little straighter than a 9 inch will. I'm not running a lot of camber but i am running some and i do touch a tiny bit on the rear bumper if i hit a big bump. My front tires touched the strut tower very lightly with et45 so i tossed a 3mil spacer, but my snows are 235 on an 8 inch and they have lots of space with an et45. Again i will say i am running very stiff springs which makes it much easier to run more aggressive setups.

Lemme know if you have any other questions. happy to help.
Great, thank you! I'm going for traction purposes. Have to find a decent 8.5 wheel

totoro

Hey guys!
I got an sportline suspension on my golf v, and im about to buy eibach sportline spring kit to it. Im looking for some wheels, and i have gone to 18x8 et 42-45 wheels, with 225/40 tires. Is there going to be some rubbing with et42? I know im safe with 45 but dunno 'bout et42?