GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkV wheel/tire fitment guide

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Enkei rpf1!

I'm about to get these! What do yall think..
F 18x8 R 18x9 et.35
Or
17x9 all around between et 45 or 35.
My ftg is 24" all around, thanks

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
I'd go for the 18's but that's only me. It's your car- only you know what look you are going for.
Both these specs have been done a million times, a quick search will show you lots of pics.

Edit. I only just noticed the title! Probably go for the 17 and a high offset so you can get a meaty ish tyre on them . Again only my opinion.

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
I'd go for the 18's but that's only me. It's your car- only you know what look you are going for.
Both these specs have been done a million times, a quick search will show you lots of pics.

Edit. I only just noticed the title! Probably go for the 17 and a high offset so you can get a meaty ish tyre on them . Again only my opinion.

Thanks for the reply man! I'm just seeing if the 17x9 with work up front at my ride height. Not too many people run rpf1's on here so its hard to search. (or 18x9 up front would look dope.. But idk if I could pull that off)

Last edited:

saabadct

Before I start a new thread, :p, I'll try here;

07 Rabbit 4dr. H&r sport springs (1.5" drop)

I recently bought some 18x8 et38 wheels that I've had my eye on for a while.

I'm not quite sure what size tires to purchase. I've been through many threads, seen many pictures, but would love to see all those specs mentioned above together.

I'm thinking 215/40/18 front, 225/40/18 rear? Any suggestions welcomed

Reference pictures of the exact setup earns you free kudos, blessings, and community recognition!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Juggern@ut

Yezus Krys
Car(s)
GTi MKV
Need some recommendations also. I bought some AGwheels 18x8 et45 18x9 et38 with 225/40/18 Hankook K120 EVO2s all around but the front wheels are on back order so I'm waiting to have it all sipped together. I wouldn't mind a slightly stretched look in the front but based on my search the rears will be for sure. I will be lowered on CKS C1 McPherson coilovers with camber plates.

Based on your knowledge should I have any issues with these tires? How low can I go? If needs be I can change my order so recommendations and advice are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dainioske

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mkV
can i put these wheels without spacers? i mean these wheels comes with spacers (like RH ZW1 or other)

wheels are r18, 8.5j et50.

maybe anyone has rh zw1 wheels 8.5j et53 on his mkV ?

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
can i put these wheels without spacers? i mean these wheels comes with spacers (like RH ZW1 or other)

wheels are r18, 8.5j et50.

maybe anyone has rh zw1 wheels 8.5j et53 on his mkV ?

The 18x8.5 ET50 should be able to fit without any spacers. :thumbsup:

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Need some recommendations also. I bought some AGwheels 18x8 et45 18x9 et38 with 225/40/18 Hankook K120 EVO2s all around but the front wheels are on back order so I'm waiting to have it all sipped together. I wouldn't mind a slightly stretched look in the front but based on my search the rears will be for sure. I will be lowered on CKS C1 McPherson coilovers with camber plates.

Based on your knowledge should I have any issues with these tires? How low can I go? If needs be I can change my order so recommendations and advice are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The tires are a little meaty but if you're not going too low you'll be ok

Didn't see 17x9s on here, will 17x9 et30 fit? New to the car so stock suspension for now but plan on lowering 1.5"-2". New to vdubs so any help is appreciated

You'll be fine. 215/40 or even 205/40. I run 17x9 et20 with a 215/45 and i can drive without a problem at about 24.5 ftg
Before I start a new thread, :p, I'll try here;

07 Rabbit 4dr. H&r sport springs (1.5" drop)

I recently bought some 18x8 et38 wheels that I've had my eye on for a while.

I'm not quite sure what size tires to purchase. I've been through many threads, seen many pictures, but would love to see all those specs mentioned above together.

I'm thinking 215/40/18 front, 225/40/18 rear? Any suggestions welcomed

Reference pictures of the exact setup earns you free kudos, blessings, and community recognition!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Keep the tires square on a square set of wheels

I am looking at picking up the new Klutch Wheels and am wondering if I would be able to run 18x9.5 all around or would have to run a staggered set up. I am also not sure what offset I would need to run. They offer 18x8.5 et42, 18x9.5 et 45.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
Thanks Steveo, so the tires will have to be stretched a good amount huh?
Take a look at tyre-stretch.com. to me a 215 on a 9 isn't that much stretch. It doesn't get that stretched sidewall look more just low profile. It's not necessarily uncomfortable either maybe I'm just used to it though

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
Figured I would ask here instead of starting a thread;

Finally decided on new wheels, they are 18x8.5 +35mm. Car is getting lowered on coils this winter and looking for a 24.5" fender height. I plan on rolling the fenders and doing the "screw mod". With 215/35 tires would this be doable? Do I need a smaller tire? Or can I fit a 225 tire?

Thanks.