GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
I like that idea.

Appointment scheduled for March 2 @ 9am :)

I will be bringing my camera and take some pictures of my intake valves when they remove the manifold. Ill try to post them up from the shop since I will be bringing my laptop. Im gonna hang out at the shop for the day :thumbsup:

Software should be coming on March 3.

cool, did they tell you how long its going to take?

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Around 8 hours.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Stop talking - you have no idea what you're talking about.

The K03 generates a LOT of heat when its pushing 22+ psi, as its efficiency range ends at around 10 or 11psi.

Several K03's have put down over 270whp when tricked all the way out with intake, exhaust, fuel pump, water/meth and software. One member on this forum put down 280. Other members have shown 260+ with all of the above mods but water/meth.

GTI's with K04's are consistently putting down well over 300whp. All of the major tuners with K04 kits report such numbers, and all of those claims have been backed up by customer dynos, many of which are posted on this forum.

You fail. GTFO and stop spreading misinformation.

Let's just be clear about one very important thing... dynos vary... it's very possible for a car to produce 300whp on one dyno and 265whp in the same conditions on a different dyno. If a person has only tuned on a conversative dyno, they're idea about what numbers a setup is capable will be considerably different than someone that has only tuned, or uses data from very generous dynos.

I think it's important to remember the point of this discussion... a K04 makes A LOT more power than a K03. If you tell me a K03 made 280whp on 100oct tune with w/m... on that same dyno, in those same conditions, a well tuned K04 with the same mods, 100oct, and w/m would probably make 330whp... and have WAAAAAAAAY less drop off in power in the later RPM's.

Also, there is a huge downside to running a turbo harder than it's designed to be run... sure, you can get more power, but for how long?

A K04 can make a lot more power than a K03 without self destructing.

Micky 32

Ready to race!
Let's just be clear about one very important thing... dynos vary... it's very possible for a car to produce 300whp on one dyno and 265whp in the same conditions on a different dyno. If a person has only tuned on a conversative dyno, they're idea about what numbers a setup is capable will be considerably different than someone that has only tuned, or uses data from very generous dynos.

I think it's important to remember the point of this discussion... a K04 makes A LOT more power than a K03. If you tell me a K03 made 280whp on 100oct tune with w/m... on that same dyno, in those same conditions, a well tuned K04 with the same mods, 100oct, and w/m would probably make 330whp... and have WAAAAAAAAY less drop off in power in the later RPM's.

Also, there is a huge downside to running a turbo harder than it's designed to be run... sure, you can get more power, but for how long?

A K04 can make a lot more power than a K03 without self destructing.

Very true about dyno's but my point was there is a huge discrepancy between US dyno's and the rest of the world to the point that WHP in the US are matching crank hp in the rest of the world so something is clearly not right. Of course the insults come along on how much of an idiot i am pointing this fact out. Some people need to take their heads out of the sand:wink:. So fire ahead keep the insults coming:rolleyes:

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I think Induktion's hourly is $83, so do the math :p

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
Lads i'm not talking about stuff like water meth etc. I'm saying a stage 2+ car will not make over 250 whp with just bolt ons. yes i do have a 2.0 TFSI stage 2+ so i know what i'm talking about.

Water meth has been shown to add 22whp on a stage II GTI. See BSH.

Now, I know you have trouble adding, but find yourself a calculator and work this out:

250 + 22 = ???

GTFO, moron.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
zomg it is in laurel :D

Being delivered tomorrow. It will probably come when I am at class, so pics will most likely be up late tomorrow night.

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter
subscribed

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Hey Staulkor...mind posting up that parts list again for us cheap asses (and because we cant see it anymore)...I was going to go BT, but the cost is ridiculous and I cant justify it, but if I can get this setup for this price...I will purchase tomorrow! Thanks for the help man!