GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

Micky 32

Ready to race!
i dyno'd 252hp/290wtq on my k03 and that was on a hot ass day with humidity (temps were almost in the 100's now if i go put in some high octane fuel and go now with cooler temps and less humidity I'll be very close to 270whp and i'm dsg.

No you won't, i'd say you will be still around the 252 hp. The boost isn't that high with a ko3 so temps won't make a whole lot of difference IMO. Mine roughly makes the same hp regardless of outside temps certainly not 20 hp differences. If your car is making 270 whp i'd have a spare turbo in waiting if i were you.

razorasdf

Passed Driver's Ed
I drove my friends car and he drove mine. I put the driver window down and he went wot past me from maybe 30 feet back. The instant the turbo spooled, I hear a LOUD whine and its even louder than the exhaust.

But but but it sounded like an awesomely loud supercharger. The K04 won't sound nearly as nice. :frown:

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
No you won't, i'd say you will be still around the 252 hp. The boost isn't that high with a ko3 so temps won't make a whole lot of difference IMO. Mine roughly makes the same hp regardless of outside temps certainly not 20 hp differences. If your car is making 270 whp i'd have a spare turbo in waiting if i were you.

Stop talking - you have no idea what you're talking about.

The K03 generates a LOT of heat when its pushing 22+ psi, as its efficiency range ends at around 10 or 11psi.

Several K03's have put down over 270whp when tricked all the way out with intake, exhaust, fuel pump, water/meth and software. One member on this forum put down 280. Other members have shown 260+ with all of the above mods but water/meth.

GTI's with K04's are consistently putting down well over 300whp. All of the major tuners with K04 kits report such numbers, and all of those claims have been backed up by customer dynos, many of which are posted on this forum.

You fail. GTFO and stop spreading misinformation.

Micky 32

Ready to race!

The K03 generates a LOT of heat when its pushing 22+ psi, as its efficiency range ends at around 10 or 11psi.

Several K03's have put down over 270whp when tricked all the way out with intake, exhaust, fuel pump, water/meth and software. One member on this forum put down 280. Other members have shown 260+ with all of the above mods but water/meth.

GTI's with K04's are consistently putting down well over 300whp. All of the major tuners with K04 kits report such numbers, and all of those claims have been backed up by customer dynos, many of which are posted on this forum.

:bellyroll: ok i'll stop talking just for you. I don't like to burst any bubbles and upset anyone. Yes your car has definately 270 whp:laughabove:

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion

dude your fucking nuts how can i not make more power on cooler air and on race gas, get the fuck outta here. even when i was on race fuel i clearly feel the difference in power and pull harder on cars that i raced before.

do you even drive a VW? is this Rev2ten-K?

Last edited:

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion

for real....at first i thought this guy knew what he was talking about but his shit just came out of his brain via the keyboard lol.

Micky 32

Ready to race!
Lads i'm not talking about stuff like water meth etc. I'm saying a stage 2+ car will not make over 250 whp with just bolt ons. yes i do have a 2.0 TFSI stage 2+ so i know what i'm talking about.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
pretty much every post this guy has is just him crying about his shitty numbers. You know everything and the rest of the world is in just denial with fake dynos right micky?

gtfo.

Micky 32

Ready to race!
pretty much every post this guy has is just him crying about his shitty numbers. You know everything and the rest of the world is in just denial with fake dynos right micky?

gtfo.

So why is it US dynos give way higher and bull figures compared to the rest of the world?

sloMk5

2007 GTI
it's all a conspiracy to make whiney irish people cry about their dyno numbers in everyone else's threads on the internet.

Micky 32

Ready to race!
it's all a conspiracy to make whiney irish people cry about their dyno numbers in everyone else's threads on the internet.

Here's me thinking that the US was full of conspiracies :wink:, seriously though the figures i have seen on this forum are so rediculous that the WHP matches the crank hp of the rest of the world.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
here's an idea...instead of always jacking everyones threads to cry about their numbers being better than yours, why don't you go make your own thread where you can bitch about it all you want.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
here's an idea...instead of always jacking everyones threads to cry about their numbers being better than yours, why don't you go make your own thread where you can bitch about it all you want.

I like that idea.

Appointment scheduled for March 2 @ 9am :)

I will be bringing my camera and take some pictures of my intake valves when they remove the manifold. Ill try to post them up from the shop since I will be bringing my laptop. Im gonna hang out at the shop for the day :thumbsup:

Software should be coming on March 3.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
yeah sorry for contributing to that bs, thanks for posting this btw:thumbsup: