GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

smokey26_02

Ready to race!
I was wondering if someone has the complete parts order needed for the ko4 build to be used with revo... I would need a dv relocate kit since I currently have the forge DV, but I was told if i get the new oem dv that is electronic i wont need the dv relocate kit, is that correct?

I currently have the atp catless downpipe, A3 throttle body pipe, forge dv, snow 2 stage w/m kit, evoms intake, autotech fuel pump.

I live in miami, so would i need the s3 intercooler as well? I wouldnt mind buying it if it will make the car perform better

Thanks

GTIWV

WV VW
I was wondering if someone has the complete parts order needed for the ko4 build to be used with revo... I would need a dv relocate kit since I currently have the forge DV, but I was told if i get the new oem dv that is electronic i wont need the dv relocate kit, is that correct?

I currently have the atp catless downpipe, A3 throttle body pipe, forge dv, snow 2 stage w/m kit, evoms intake, autotech fuel pump.

I live in miami, so would i need the s3 intercooler as well? I wouldnt mind buying it if it will make the car perform better

Thanks

The full parts list is on the first page, staulkor uses revo.

You will still need a DV relocate kit, you could get the oem D valve and use the AWE dv relocation kit, or you could get the BSH or eurojet kit. but you have to have one.

you will have to ditch the A3 pipe and put your stock one back on so you can use a DV relocation kit.

smokey26_02

Ready to race!
Thanks for your super speedy reply GTIWV... I have teh a3 pipe cause thats where they tapped for the watermeth kit i believe.. But i still have the oem one as well...

So what would be your recomendation, get the new electronic controlled oem dv and sell my forge. Which dv relocate kit would you recommend given my current mods? How about the s3 relocate kit?

Is the s3 intercooler sufficient with my water/meth kit?

GTIWV

WV VW
Thanks for your super speedy reply GTIWV... I have teh a3 pipe cause thats where they tapped for the watermeth kit i believe.. But i still have the oem one as well...

So what would be your recomendation, get the new electronic controlled oem dv and sell my forge. Which dv relocate kit would you recommend given my current mods? How about the s3 relocate kit?

Is the s3 intercooler sufficient with my water/meth kit?

im going to use the OEM D valve and the AWE dv relocation kit with my K04. I love the setup. the whold s3 kit would be pretty pricey and you would have to use the stock engine cover to hook it up as far as i know.

i dont have w/m, so i really cant say. but i know staulkor uses w/m and he has the forge twintercooler. the s3 ic is definately better than stock.

raab

Passed Driver's Ed
if 06f 133 073D is the IM gasket then what is 06f 129 717D that was added onto the original post? is that still needed?

X2

I'm still confused about the conflicting statements regarding what gaskets are needed. :iono:

Halvie

WOOSA
I'd still say that results on the AWE kit are uncertain, esp given orlando's poor results and the AWE blame game that ultimately resulted from his dyno's. As I imagine you talk to him more, the fueling issues he's mentioned to me aren't looking very promising either.

Dave

Sorry for the bump, but can I get a link to a thread talking about Orlando's k04 setup? Tried doing a search and am not finding anything.