GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
My "kit" is is the cheapest you can find...PERIOD. I am going to be paying $2023.55 in parts, $200 for software, $640ish for labor (verifying this tomorrow). I dare you to find a kit cheaper.

The APR kit is one of the most expensive K04 kits there is! Its very nice and has APR quality, but I just dont like APR's philosophy, nothing personal guys, but I am cheap, haha :wink:

As for Eurojet, I dont like their products at all. They are cheap and break and their QC is crap. No way in hell I am going to trust a turbo from them.

Oh, and I have 36,5xx miles. Bought it may 5, 2007.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
My "kit" is is the cheapest you can find...PERIOD. I am going to be paying $2023.55 in parts, $200 for software, $640ish for labor (verifying this tomorrow). I dare you to find a kit cheaper.

The APR kit is one of the most expensive K04 kits there is! Its very nice and has APR quality, but I just dont like APR's philosophy, nothing personal guys, but I am cheap, haha :wink:

As for Eurojet, I dont like their products at all. They are cheap and break and their QC is crap. No way in hell I am going to trust a turbo from them.

$200 for software? with who? revo? you have someone on the inside to get that price!

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
That's the upgrade price! I already have revo stage 2+. Retail stage 3 software is $800.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
is that only for revo? cause if not then I'm down for a DIY gathering of parts. so then you can then save some $$, interesting. all these parts can be ordered at any local dealer or is it like an online thing only? lol now i'm intrested.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
:p Well you could in theory order these from a local dealer, but you would be paying A LOT more than what I would be paying. I dont know if I am ready to reveal my secret yet :bellyroll: And no, its not a private thing or me knowing somebody...its available to everyone.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
:p Well you could in theory order these from a local dealer, but you would be paying A LOT more than what I would be paying. I dont know if I am ready to reveal my secret yet :bellyroll: And no, its not a private thing or me knowing somebody...its available to everyone.

not really i got two options i know someone that works at the dealer and my brother in law owns a body shop and gets parts at list. I usually use the latter. but hey a third that would be able to help everyone is always nice. :thumbsup: so what's the website? :wink::biggrin:

what's up with that custom harness that's in the picture? can you buy that any where or do you really have to DIY? any other parts needed that are not in the pic? WOW if APR charges $200 for an upgrade as well i'll be golden for later this year!!

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
The harness is diy. There are part numbers for it on vortex. You gotta buy two connectors and a few wires. Its just an extension cable for the stock dv wiring harness.

I have no idea what APR charges for software upgrade.

I guess I will reveal the site after I order. Dont want anybody else stealing my turbo! haha

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
The harness is diy. There are part numbers for it on vortex. You gotta buy two connectors and a few wires. Its just an extension cable for the stock dv wiring harness.

I have no idea what APR charges for software upgrade.

I guess I will reveal the site after I order. Dont want anybody else stealing my turbo! haha

lol...1stvwparts.com?

anyway when you get a k04 can you do me a favor and go to the track and post a slip up. not many slip's up on the k04. i really want to see what they really trap at. i saw one in Europe that trapped at 118mph, i still don't believe it. here's the thread with pic's and video: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=679.420

PAGE 2 PWNED!!

crew219

Banned

Your comment against eurojet seems a bit biased since they all use the same turbo huh?

And your statement about APR is incorrect. AWE actually has the most expensive kit since they do not provide an OEM charge pipe, nor do they provide injectors or OEM DV relocate. $3800

APR's kit with S3 injectors and all OEM plumbing is only $4400.

Stasis' same kit as APR is $5000.

Your kit is even cheaper because you do not need a DV relocate kit.

Dave

crew219

Banned

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Your comment against eurojet seems a bit biased since they all use the same turbo huh?

And your statement about APR is incorrect. AWE actually has the most expensive kit since they do not provide an OEM charge pipe, nor do they provide injectors or OEM DV relocate. $3800

APR's kit with S3 injectors and all OEM plumbing is only $4400.

Stasis' same kit as APR is $5000.

Your kit is even cheaper because you do not need a DV relocate kit.

Dave

Who cares if it is biased. I have dealt with their products and every one has been crap.

And like I said, APR is one of the most expensive. You are just splitting hairs now. Stasis is so expensive because they offer something nobody else does -- a full warranty. Also, even if I did get the OEM DV recirc kit or a BSH one, its still only another $400 and still cheaper than every body else :thumbsup:

It isnt world impex, but it is 1stvwparts :bellyroll:

Also, no need to change stock internals with k04. Sure, there have been a few reported cases of bent rods, but thats rare.