GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

crew219

Banned
Who cares if it is biased. I have dealt with their products and every one has been crap.

And like I said, APR is one of the most expensive. You are just splitting hairs now. Stasis is so expensive because they offer something nobody else does -- a full warranty. Also, even if I did get the OEM DV recirc kit or a BSH one, its still only another $400 and still cheaper than every body else :thumbsup:

It isnt world impex, but it is 1stvwparts :bellyroll:

Also, no need to change stock internals with k04. Sure, there have been a few reported cases of bent rods, but thats rare.

Not arguing with you about prices, nor am I even complaining about vendors charging more. Everyone is out to make money and there are unseen costs in acquiring, stocking, packaging and selling the kits.

Dave

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Parts ordered :happyanim:

Now I am waiting for them to get back to me about shipping.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Just got a call from 1stvwparts. They wanted to verify my order was correct since it is a larger order and he said that it should go out this wednesday pending no parts on backorder. Shipping would be $30-40.

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
Just got a call from 1stvwparts. They wanted to verify my order was correct since it is a larger order and he said that it should go out this wednesday pending no parts on backorder. Shipping would be $30-40.

Wow, good deal

Installing it all yourself?

I may be looking to do this sometime soon.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Pfft, I wish I could install it myself, but I dont have the tools. Induktion is doing it :)

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Your comment against eurojet seems a bit biased since they all use the same turbo huh?

And your statement about APR is incorrect. AWE actually has the most expensive kit since they do not provide an OEM charge pipe, nor do they provide injectors or OEM DV relocate. $3800

APR's kit with S3 injectors and all OEM plumbing is only $4400.

Stasis' same kit as APR is $5000.

Your kit is even cheaper because you do not need a DV relocate kit.

Dave

Dave, are you getting a paycheck from APR yet? You've earned it buddy... or maybe that RSC TBE you're getting is payment for your loyalty? :biggrin:

APR's kit isn't complete for 4400 and is only available to people who have already dropped the cash on their HPFP... which if they bought it whole without rebuilt would mean around a grand more... so could end up costing 5400... if they had bought the rebuild, they'd have paid about 5k.

The APR kit that you could actually buy and install complete is 4999.00

The AWE kit is 4794.50 with fueling upgrades and is fully complete.

The AWE kit for 3800 you mentioned without fueling from AWE is very expensive for what you get though... I feel bad for anyone who drops 3800 bucks on it compared to picking up the Eurojet kit or piecing a kit together yourself as the OP has done.

I do also feel bad for a dude who drops 5k on that APR K04 kit as well... 5 grand????? ouch... 6 grand with the FMIC? OUCH... 7500 with the APR TBE? MAJOR OUCH!!!

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Subtotal on parts is $2073.88. Shipping is to be determined, but around $35. So for $2100, you too can have a k04! Just not installed or with software! haha

Im excited.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
Dave, are you getting a paycheck from APR yet? You've earned it buddy... or maybe that RSC TBE you're getting is payment for your loyalty? :biggrin:

APR's kit isn't complete for 4400 and is only available to people who have already dropped the cash on their HPFP... which if they bought it whole without rebuilt would mean around a grand more... so could end up costing 5400... if they had bought the rebuild, they'd have paid about 5k.

The AWE kit for 3800 you mentioned without fueling from AWE is very expensive for what you get though... I feel bad for anyone who drops 3800 bucks on it compared to picking up the Eurojet kit or piecing a kit together yourself as the OP has done.

I do also feel bad for a dude who drops 5k on that APR K04 kit as well... 5 grand????? ouch... 6 grand with the FMIC? OUCH... 7500 with the APR TBE? MAJOR OUCH!!!

well i guess but if your patient and wait for APR to do their specials then you will save some $$. All the parts that I have that are APR were bought during their sales which range from 10-15% depending what it is.

take for example you comparing APR vs AWE kit. fine APR is more expensive at 4999 but take away 10% of that during their sales and guess what it's 4499 now guess which one is cheaper? APR at 4499 or AWE at 4790? APR has sales often throughout the year, as where the others I don't think as much or at all! :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong I might go this route too! gathering the parts yourself saves you like 1k-1.2k that's an awfully lot! that is if APR does the $200 upgrade to existing customers.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Yup. Everything on the list on my first post minus the labor and software (duh :p)

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Ahhh your going to get crew to run APR ads non-stop....Thanks:biggrin:

take for example you comparing APR vs AWE kit. fine APR is more expensive at 4999 but take away 10% of that during their sales and guess what it's 4499 now guess which one is cheaper? APR at 4499 or AWE at 4790? APR has sales often throughout the year, as where the others I don't think as much or at all! :thumbsup:

How about when AWE Tuning was running their X-Mas special of $3,795.00 with the free fueling upgrade(s3 injectors and their AWE Tuning HPFP)? Thats cheaper than APR. Just trying to make a point that APR offers the most complete kits but 99% of the time they are the most expensive too.

BTW, APR does sell the software separately if you buy the proper hardware...their FP, S3 injectors and the S3 K04. So you can source the parts or buy lets say the Eurojet k04 kit and still have the good APR software.

Micky 32

Ready to race!
Yup. Everything on the list on my first post minus the labor and software (duh :p)

Do you have the part numbers handy for the DV relocation and air intake pipes? If you have an Evoms are the air intake pipes needed? Roughly what cost? I might consider this kit. It's a bargain by the looks of it.

crew219

Banned
Ahhh your going to get crew to run APR ads non-stop....Thanks:biggrin:

How about when AWE Tuning was running their X-Mas special of $3,795.00 with the free fueling upgrade(s3 injectors and their AWE Tuning HPFP)? Thats cheaper than APR. Just trying to make a point that APR offers the most complete kits but 99% of the time they are the most expensive too.

BTW, APR does sell the software separately if you buy the proper hardware...their FP, S3 injectors and the S3 K04. So you can source the parts or buy lets say the Eurojet k04 kit and still have the good APR software.

APR was the first to offer K04 tuning for $299 if you have their software :wink:

Dave

crew219

Banned

Haha, I wish. I'm honestly only purchasing the APR TBE due to a hole in my stock catback from the wonderful NE winters. That and because I want to try to take the K03 to the max before upgrading.

When making APR / AWE comparisons, the issue is that you're not comparing equal parts. The APR IC is much better than the S3 intercooler, and the APR pump is much better than . . . well you get the idea ;). If you even look, the AWE TBE is more expensive than the APR.

At the end of the day, AWE charges the customer more per OEM part that they provide. In addition, none of the kits other than stasis seem to come with as many replacement gaskets and bolts as the APR kit.

For those wanting to piece together the kit themselves, do what staulkor did and just source the tuning from APR or any other company that will sell it to you (I think uni also has an open file out).

I'd still say that results on the AWE kit are uncertain, esp given orlando's poor results and the AWE blame game that ultimately resulted from his dyno's. As I imagine you talk to him more, the fueling issues he's mentioned to me aren't looking very promising either.

Dave

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Haha, I wish. I'm honestly only purchasing the APR TBE due to a hole in my stock catback from the wonderful NE winters. That and because I want to try to take the K03 to the max before upgrading.

When making APR / AWE comparisons, the issue is that you're not comparing equal parts. The APR IC is much better than the S3 intercooler, and the APR pump is much better than . . . well you get the idea ;). If you even look, the AWE TBE is more expensive than the APR.

At the end of the day, AWE charges the customer more per OEM part that they provide. In addition, none of the kits other than stasis seem to come with as many replacement gaskets and bolts as the APR kit.

For those wanting to piece together the kit themselves, do what staulkor did and just source the tuning from APR or any other company that will sell it to you (I think uni also has an open file out).

I'd still say that results on the AWE kit are uncertain, esp given orlando's poor results and the AWE blame game that ultimately resulted from his dyno's. As I imagine you talk to him more, the fueling issues he's mentioned to me aren't looking very promising either.

Dave

I agree with a lot of points you make here.