GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP kit vs. APR HPFP

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
no, its not, the stock one will crack at i think 110bar, so idk why your prv isnt cracking. luck might have something to do with it. thats the reason he asked if you had a rs4 prv, cause it goes to 140bar i believe. rs4 is a good option, but imo, just get one from hpfpupgrade that can do 150bar. theyre about the same price anyways.

I haven't had issues with mine so, it's been good so far. Also, i don't think it would be "LUCK" as you have said it as APR's tests have been pretty good and they've used it on their Stage 4 GTI, and they've used it on their race track cars, also it's been used by the VWMS Scirocco GT24. How can that be pure "luck"????? :iono:

How does HPFP tests theirs??

I haven't gone Big Turbo so my APR HPFP's return valve is more than enough for me.

I do like the Stage 3 of HPFPUpgrade, but will not get it until further testing is done by them, but for now, APR's HPFP satisfies my fueling needs. So far i've not had any problems.

The logs above prove it.

Car(s)
Subaru
as for the bashing on hpfpupgrade vs apr... theyre both great pumps and both are the best out their imo. the others require seal saving as someone else said. i went apr cause it was cheaper, but when it goes out, im buying a stage 2 hpfpuprade (we need to come up with a shorter name for them :wink:) cause i like to support the little guy. they have been great here on the forums and very open with things.

this is an important part that you shouldnt be cheap on, and thats why you go with hpfpupgrades or apr. the 2 best out there and this shouldnt even be in debate. point me to someone that wasnt happy with hpfpupgrade... besides the guy in egypt cause imo that was his fault... both times

Car(s)
Subaru
I haven't had issues with mine so, it's been good so far. Also, i don't think it would be "LUCK" as you have said it as APR's tests have been pretty good and they've used it on their Stage 4 GTI, and they've used it on their race track cars, also it's been used by the VWMS Scirocco GT24. How can that be pure "luck"????? :iono:

I haven't gone Big Turbo so my APR HPFP's return valve is more than enough for me.

I do like the Stage 3 of HPFPUpgrade, but will not get it until i go BT and until further testing is done by them, but for now, APR's HPFP satisfies my fueling needs. So far i've not had any problems.

The logs above prove it.

do you know what a prv is? that has nothing to do with a pump

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
I found this in another thread

You will never see me compare my parts to my competitor, I will let my customers do that for me.

We are an option, that is all. We offer parts that no other company has to offer. The PRV is amazing and we have had nothing but positive reviews about it. The cam follower, well enough said there. We build a pump dyno so we can compete and test our fuel pump before putting them into the hands of the end user, this was a must if we had intentions of moving into this market.

There has not been one failure of any of our fuel pumps since the release back in July of last year. We have established a dealer network that has over 20 different company's worldwide. The only reason we don't have 100's of our HPFP's on the market is because of the worldwide back order on new cores. Now that this back order is getting addressed (we have new fuel pumps now, yea) you should start to see more and more people commenting on our products.

Thanks,

John

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
do you know what a prv is? that has nothing to do with a pump

it's the pressure relief valve. It's basically a safety cushion for the fuel rail so you do not exceed the safe design limits of the rail. I'm no mechanic but i'm not a moron.

Like I said, if APR's HPFP was used by VWMS Scirocco GT24 on a 24-hour race at the Nürburgring then what more proof does it need.

Car(s)
Subaru
it's the pressure relief valve. It's basically a safety cushion for the fuel rail so you do not exceed the safe design limits of the rail. I'm no mechanic but i'm not a moron.

Like I said, if APR's HPFP was used by VWMS Scirocco GT24 on a 24-hour race at the Nürburgring then what more proof does it need.

then why are you talking about the apr hpfp return valve being more than enough for you. did you put in an apr prv? did you do a rs4 prv swap? did you put in a hpfpupgrade prv?

the pump can do more bar, sure, but the prv on a stock gti will crack. i think hpfpupgrade did test and it cracked at 120bar or something, but they couldnt get it over that. not all prv's are the same, so maybe yours is holding a little more :iono:.

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
then why are you talking about the apr hpfp return valve being more than enough for you. did you put in an apr prv? did you do a rs4 prv swap? did you put in a hpfpupgrade prv?

the pump can do more bar, sure, but the prv on a stock gti will crack. i think hpfpupgrade did test and it cracked at 120bar or something, but they couldnt get it over that. not all prv's are the same, so maybe yours is holding a little more :iono:.

Because the log shows it all on mine at least. And i'm sure APR's done more testing to it than that log above can prove. As far as I know, my pump is an APR rebuilt and it's running perfect. The log shows my rail pressure on the above post.

So whatever components they put in there more than satisfies the fueling needs of any customer from Stage 2+ all the way to Big Turbo, and i know for sure APR won't put anything less to their product they carry.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Before you make any purchases you should do your research
I know quite a few Mazda people that have a sour taste in their mouth

Car(s)
Subaru
Because the log shows it all on mine at least. And i'm sure APR's done more testing to it than that log above can prove. As far as I know, my pump is an APR rebuilt and it's running perfect. The log shows my rail pressure on the above post.

So whatever components they put in there more than satisfies the fueling needs of any customer from Stage 2+ all the way to Big Turbo, and i know for sure APR won't put anything less to their product they carry.

alright, you dont know what a prv is. the prv is under the intake manifold on the fuel rail, not in the pump. the pump has nothing to do with the prv. i dont need to look at logs to see that the prv is on the verge of cracking. an oem mkv prv cant handle that much. i just looked at hpfpupgrade prv test and the oem cracked at abotu 120bar. your prv is lucky it is getting to where it is. you might want to change that prv valve cause you might pick up a cpl hp cause you will be able to hold higher bar

Car(s)
Subaru
Before you make any purchases you should do your research
I know quite a few Mazda people that have a sour taste in their mouth

yeah, hpfpupgrade was having trouble with the mazdas. im not sure if they fixed it now or not but the vw side is nothing but good. no one in the vw side has had problems, besides mushgen or w/e his name is... but like i said, i think that was his fault. he says he primed it but i dont believe him cause he didnt know how to do it. and he said the pump wasnt near a side in the box during shipment but somehow the n276 sensor broke... i think he dropped it when you was maybe changing the fuel bleeder over. outside of that guy, i cant think of someone that has had problems with hpfpupgrade... in the vw community.

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
alright, you dont know what a prv is. the prv is under the intake manifold on the fuel rail, not in the pump. the pump has nothing to do with the prv. i dont need to look at logs to see that the prv is on the verge of cracking. an oem mkv prv cant handle that much. i just looked at hpfpupgrade prv test and the oem cracked at abotu 120bar. your prv is lucky it is getting to where it is. you might want to change that prv valve cause you might pick up a cpl hp cause you will be able to hold higher bar

got you. :thumbsup: i stand corrected. maybe the '06 and '07 may have had an issue on the PRVs. My '08 is so far ok. :iono:

this is what you're trying to refer to:

18bora

Ready to race!
I always take forums product reviews/feedback with a grain of salt. In general and from what I've noticed, people defend their purchase on the forums regardless of its performance. However, when you go to car shows and meet people in person, they are usually more open and willing to share their actual experience with the product. For some reason internet egos play a big role in masking actual feedback. It's like how the Chevy crowd think Chevy is the best and everything else is garbage, Ford crowd think Ford is the best and everything else is garbage and Mopar crowd think Ford is the best. etc..