GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with a big decision....

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I'm ready to change things up in terms of what I drive but unlike some other fellow forum members who don't have a clue, I have it narrowed down to throwing a k04 on my 08 gti or leasing a 10 Evo X, with intent to purchase afterward or course. The lease would just bring the initial payments down to reasonableness.

So give me some opinions, would you keep your GTI (mine has 25k miles) or drive a new Evo... the cost to move into the Evo would = the k04 for the GTI and the monthly payments would be similar...

I love the GTI and would keep it forever if it were AWD, driving the Evo will be tough in terms of getting used to the lack of creature comforts but fun driving is tops on my list.

Thanks in advance for the insight.

utekineir

Banned
Well, if you seek the approval of older men neither option will work, only a mustang will do.

also, don't just consider monthly payments, factor in overall debt.

Mariach

FIA F1 World Champ..to be
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI DSG
My advice, don't use credit to buy toys.

If you don't have the cash to spend, don't borrow.

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
That is very sound advice, and cars are my achilles' heal but I am confident in my future ability to pay off the car and the total cost of finance would be affordable.

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
Overall take cost out of the equation, I already have balanced the numbers and am comfortable making either move, I just want to know what people would choose and why.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
I would choose an STI lol.

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
Even when carving a mountain road or going WOT in 2ng gear?

BTW Arin how many miles do you have on your setup? And what are your maintenance intervals, I would probably go with APR's kit if I do go k04.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
If your choice is between a faster GTI or an Evo X for similar hits to the wallet; then the Evo wins by bus lengths...

Remember that after going K04 you are basically at the pinnacle of GTI-dom... Not a ton more you can do. Meanwhile upon purchasing the Evo you are still at the stock level and can tune the crap out of it down the road.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Hatch man for life eh?

I wouldnt say for life, but i definitely love me some hatchback. I'm just an STI fan boi.

If your choice is between a faster GTI or an Evo X for similar hits to the wallet; then the Evo wins by bus lengths...

Remember that after going K04 you are basically at the pinnacle of GTI-dom... Not a ton more you can do. Meanwhile upon purchasing the Evo you are still at the stock level and can tune the crap out of it down the road.

To actually give you some feed back that helps, i completely agree with this guy. Instead of flying straight off the road when giving to much power through a turn you'll be doing power slides. :thumbsup: