GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with a big decision....

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Lol that's being very kind... I see it as being very "look at me, please!"

Touche. IMO it looks better than the 10, but its all opinions.

vwagens88

Passed Driver's Ed
I would say keep the GTI you are already in the process of buying it. I personally would never lease a car especially lease a car just to go faster. If you are just looking for speed buy a cheap ass older car and spend a few thousand on it. I think if you ended up leasing then trying to buy it in the end you would end up owing way more than the car is worth.

Aggressor

UGly
I would say keep the GTI you are already in the process of buying it. I personally would never lease a car especially lease a car just to go faster. If you are just looking for speed buy a cheap ass older car and spend a few thousand on it. I think if you ended up leasing then trying to buy it in the end you would end up owing way more than the car is worth.

Truth.

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
I know what you guys mean but I'm leasing my GTI right now and check out the deal... its basically optionless, 6 speed manual. I paid 2k down and pay $269 a month plus tax = $301.xx.

Right now when I go to VW credit.com, my buyout is $17,857. The car only has 20,xxx miles on it and is a 2008. If you check Edmunds TMV you will see that I can easily break even... So leasing can be a good idea if you want a small payment/ a SMALL down payment/ and the safety net of turn in at lease end. Of course this all depends on the money factor, the lease rate you get... I got a real good one.

Aggressor

UGly
I would like to point out your GTI still has a fac Warranty, and has less stuff to break than an EVO. Mistsu's reliability issues are also epic.

I mean, just look at the pic at the top of the page. That ones already lost a wheel

huy

Retired Racer
FWD isn't slow. Around a track, a FWD car can be faster than RWD and AWD. if you are competing, you'll be in FWD class anyways... but fastest overall isn't out of reach if you know what you are doing.

That said, I do find RWD more fun to drive... and AWD easier to drive. Problem is after driving AWD for 6 years, I lost all concept of throttle modulation. You basically just steer and floor it... lift if it understeers and floor it again.

gotshotgun

Ready to race!
I mean, just look at the pic at the top of the page. That ones already lost a wheel

!!!!!

Because of that comment, I am not going to buy an Evo. HAHAHA. You are right, the motor is a beast and is very strong but the rest is the poops... now to source my k04 kit...