GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting a tsi k03 to an fsi k03

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Has anyone fitted a IHI k03 as found on the TSI's to an FSI motor? I can get one for a great price. Only concern is the tsi turbo doesn't have a rear pcv port like the fsi turbo has so one needs to work around that.

The ihi turbo's boost quite high safely and am more efficient than the k03 one as found on our cars. Seems interestig to see if it'll work...

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Damn! Will see how it goes my goddamn car is pissing me off immensely! I'm running 99% duty cycle all the way and 1.25bar boost. I have no leaks whatsoever!

sikkony

Civil Engineer
Ruan, the k03 on the TSI is actually smaller than the FSI. It's from IHI, basically people here don't even call it a k03 no more.

You seem to be having the same problem as me. No boost leak, high duty cycle.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
The turbo is not more efficient...its a product of a better motor and is actually smaller than a k03 for an fsi...just don't bother.

To my knowledge the K03 is actually slightly bigger in the TSI. Correct me if im wrong but I know there are two different varients of the k03 which are the k03 and the k03s so he could be onto something but it would barely be worth the struggle

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Ruan, the k03 on the TSI is actually smaller than the FSI. It's from IHI, basically people here don't even call it a k03 no more.

You seem to be having the same problem as me. No boost leak, high duty cycle.

same thing bud! I'm gonna turn my actuator today one turn and see how it goes! I even switched out my evoms intake for an ITG maxogen.

sikkony

Civil Engineer
I have my turbo in the garage on the floor (took it out a few days ago). I was suspecting the wastegate actuator arm too. Only other place I didn't check for leaks was the intercooler unit. I will do that tomorrow.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
It wont bolt up to the FSI anyways.
Not to mention the TSI Wastegate is rivited on and cannot be replaced.

sikkony

Civil Engineer
So if the wastegate fails you need a new turbo? Ouch! Remind me to buy an extended warranty that covers that.

For the FSI you don't need a new turbo. Probably in best interest to fit a new one though, since its out already (annoying job to take it out).

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
I have my turbo in the garage on the floor (took it out a few days ago). I was suspecting the wastegate actuator arm too. Only other place I didn't check for leaks was the intercooler unit. I will do that tomorrow.

Any news here?