GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

BurntClutch

Has anyone else had a failure with one of these ebay hoses? I've only heard of one so far on this thread. Was hoping to see some pictures and maybe be proactive about avoiding additional stresses when I install mine.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Was hoping for you to post up some logs :p this app sounds great for under $300

See post #58 for my logs, I also have a G-Plus. Keep in mind that on the single run logs, I'm wrapping it out all the way to fuel cutout (~6800 rpm) just for shits and grins, which is pretty far out of the IS20's range. The multiple back-to-back logs where I let off around 6k RPM are more indicative of how it's normally ran it when I push it hard.

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Just tossed one of these on. The "new' or "v2" whatever version is remarkably heavy
Much beefier/thicker than I imagined.

I'll spare the usual chinese ebay, shit was bent and didn't fit perfect speech..but It's an undeniable value.
My tabs were all fuckered up so It hangs a bit lower than I'd like, but I told myself it was intentional to leave that 1/2" gap to help feed the uhh condensor better, yeah.

The connection to the GTI OEM Intercooler are way too big as many have previously discovered, I did what others did and added about 1" of hose to the existing intercooler connection and no issue.
Tossed those shitty T-bolts in the trash for some good ol fashioned worm clamps I had laying around.

Definitely not an OEM fit and finish product (contacts the front grill/pulls bumper a bit), but in my brief testing, the results are undeniable.
Loafing around at 55F ambient it gets to the usual 90f-100f around town/lights.
Did a 3rd gear pull and it was 61f at end of pull, and the next 3 back to back without ever going over 62f.

On a side note, you'll never know what you'll find out about your car during random maintenance/mods.

1. The 2 screws that hold the bumper up top (under the grill) were completely absent/never installed. (Bought new so your guess is as good as mine?)
2. The screw holding the hard pipe to the block was completely loose, pipe was just dancing around.

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Secondary Thoughts/Observations.

The PCV system on this generation must be superior to previous generations.
When removing the oem piping, I expected to see a gratuitous amount of oil/residue.
Barely even a film present, pretty impressive for over 50k miles thus far.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The G-Plus version currently on Amazon - it appears that the hoses are the correct diameter for the stock IC. As I understand it - this one is the smaller size vs. the Magic/Majesty/Ebay jobs? Anyone on the G-Plus?

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I have the original gplus sold by Amazon. Hoses fit just fine and I've had no issues since install. However, I bought mine a long time ago and have no idea if they've changed anything since then.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I have the original gplus sold by Amazon. Hoses fit just fine and I've had no issues since install. However, I bought mine a long time ago and have no idea if they've changed anything since then.
Thanks for the reply - your overall impressions? This is a "no-drill" install?

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Works well, 13-15* above ambient during a pull through 2 gears on average. There are 2 holes to be drilled to mount the intercooler. Look for the Forge Twintercooler install instructions as they are almost identical.

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Has anyone else had a failure with one of these ebay hoses? I've only heard of one so far on this thread. Was hoping to see some pictures and maybe be proactive about avoiding additional stresses when I install mine.
Mine has been on for a year and I just inspected it a few weeks ago when I got around to replacing my broken headlight washer jet with not much to report. All hoses were fine except for a couple shallow cuts on the outer casing where miscellaneous bumper components were contacting and rubbing the hoses a bit. No leaks, still works. Just make sure your horns/brackets don't contact the hoses.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Keep in mind that unless it's mislabeled, the G-Plus listed on Amazon is the smaller V1 intercooloer:

G-Plus:

1.png

Majesty\CSK:

2.PNG

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So do you still need to use another silicone coupler for proper fit? The ECS intercooler won't be in till September. If there isn't any more fiddling to get it to fit right...I'll just get the Majesty one.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Ok so the G-Plus is ~$280 and is smaller than the ~$320 Majesty. G-Plus hoses fit, Majesty hoses need a shim made out of smaller diameter hose. Clamps for both can suck. Installs just like Forge instructions. Did I miss anything?

Still trying to see if one or both are bar/plate vs. tube/fin.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
You can tell from the photos that both cores are bar and plate. (assuming the photos are accurate)

The majesty “looks” bigger, but that G-plus is 6.5 cm thick!!!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You can tell from the photos that both cores are bar and plate. (assuming the photos are accurate)

The majesty “looks” bigger, but that G-plus is 6.5 cm thick!!!

Not sure if that's sarcastic (always hard to tell on the internet), but the Majesty one is 9cm thick? The G-Plus has a lower volume (6.85L) than the stock intercooler (8.08L), whereas the Majesty one is larger (10.6L). That's not the end-all measure since it works in conjuction with the stock IC, not replacing it like a true FMIC, but if the time and money is being spent, might as well get the larger one. And for all I know, the Amazon G-Plus listing could just have the outdated dimensions listed, I know some of the eBay ones do.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Any issues with the thicker Majesty core with clearance regarding the GTI bumper? The accessories look to be the same between the Majesty and the G-Plus only the cores look different.