GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Twintercooler

pieguy

Ready to race!
Will these fit a Golf Alltrack? I'm assuming yes as long as it's an Alltrack S without the ACC.

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
Probably, or at least made to fit with a little effort and ingenuity.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine today, does anyone know what these fittings are for? Haven’t seen them in the other posts and they aren’t in the eBay listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Most of us purchased an additional coupler because the hoses provided in the kit are too large for the oem intercooler. Maybe these fittings are to solve that issue?

Whitemk75

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure, the large fitting measures 2.5 on the side i assume a hose would fit over, the small coupling measures 2.150 and there is only one. I cant imagine they would fit anything on the car since the hoses are a female connection but i dont know the car well enough yet, are the boost hoses or the stock intercooler connections a fitting type that is interchangeable?

I am just guessing they shipped me something i wasn't supposed to receive.

Fdrifting

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone post a link to the couplers they had to buy? And any other additional parts? I’m picking one up and wanna make sure I have everything I need. Thanks y’all.

BurntClutch

In for more detail on the coupler others have used. I bought the coupler from Amazon that was linked on this thread, but I feel like it is a bit loose when test fitting. Maybe it expands when installed on the OEM intercooler? Any details would be appreciated.

Cemetery

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
e36m/e46m/mk7r
Update on mine which is now permanently off the car.

About 6 months ago (about 3 months after install), the hot-side piping tore where it connects the boost hose to the OEM intercooler. Shitty, but OK. I emailed the seller and received another set of piping and reinstalled. Yesterday, I notice increased intake noise and the car is only making 20lbs of boost (I max at about 26 on my tune). Sure enough, I small tear in the exact same location.

I am leaving it off my car and going with a name brand stock location when the weather gets warmer. When it worked, it worked okay, but there did seem to be a rather large pressure drop. There is not close to enough pros to outweigh the cons of this kit for me. Case of you get what you pay for.

Just a heads up for anyone. I will try and post pictures later.

If anyone wants the kit, I will sell it for dirt cheap as is. The hose can be mended, I just can't be bothered.

$0.02

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Is this intercooler still worth it with the ECS one available? Its $499 MSRP...but they often have 15% off sales that brings it down to $425. IC bolts right up and everything else just fits...no relocating of the temp sensor (or is it the horn?) too.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Is this intercooler still worth it with the ECS one available? Its $499 MSRP...but they often have 15% off sales that brings it down to $425. IC bolts right up and everything else just fits...no relocating of the temp sensor (or is it the horn?) too.

"Vehicles with SAI (Secondary Air Injection) will need to bend the wiring harness bracket 45° to clear silicone coupler." - ECS Tuning
"Bend the factory ambient air temperature sensor bracket (highlighted in GREEN) up against the crash beam as shown." - ECS Tuning
"Install the horns into the horn bracket (highlighted in GREEN) and tighten the nuts (arrows) until snug." - ECS Tuning

^ Those are all things that also get altered with the eBay FMIC. Take a look at the ECS install guide.

eBay is $275. Is it still worth it to save ~$200? What is the extra $200 buying me?