GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dog Friendly Dubs

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Backyard Breeders are breeders who give no consideration to the health or the condition of the animals they are breeding, all they care about is making puppies and selling them. In a sense they could be perpetuating adverse conditions and traits via genetic information that is passed on to the offspring.

For example, in the case of German Shepherds... GS dogs are prone to a condition called hip dysplasia. As the dog gets older, typically the ligaments and connective tissue that hold their hip joints together loosens or becomes weak with arthritis which causes the GS to have severely limited function of its back legs. Any dog who can't excercise and move will have reduced quality of life and will ultimately experience issues related to that lifestyle, and probably a reduced lifespan.

Irresponsible breeding passes on such characteristics such as hip dysplasia making the puppies prone to developing these conditions later in life. Thus, the overall health of the breed is affected because typically backyard breeders don't care if the dog they are selling gets fixed or is bred down the road. Registered breeders won't (or shouldn't) breed dogs that are prone to conditions like hip displasia, essentially they are working towards breeding the condition out of the breed.

I dealt with a CKC AKC registered breeder for my GS, and I will only deal with breeders down the road when I get more dogs. Its more $$, but not only are you being a responsible dog owner, you will more than likely have a healthier (less expensive) dog in the long run. Its not like buying a dog from a nonregistered breeder is a sin, but by dealing with a registered breeder, you are doing your best to promote the health of the breed.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Backyard Breeders are breeders who give no consideration to the health or the condition of the animals they are breeding, all they care about is making puppies and selling them. In a sense they could be perpetuating adverse conditions and traits via genetic information that is passed on to the offspring.

For example, in the case of German Shepherds... GS dogs are prone to a condition called hip dysplasia. As the dog gets older, typically the ligaments and connective tissue that hold their hip joints together loosens or becomes weak with arthritis which causes the GS to have severely limited function of its back legs. Any dog who can't excercise and move will have reduced quality of life and will ultimately experience issues related to that lifestyle, and probably a reduced lifespan.

Irresponsible breeding passes on such characteristics such as hip dysplasia making the puppies prone to developing these conditions later in life. Thus, the overall health of the breed is affected because typically backyard breeders don't care if the dog they are selling gets fixed or is bred down the road. Registered breeders won't (or shouldn't) breed dogs that are prone to conditions like hip displasia, essentially they are working towards breeding the condition out of the breed.

I dealt with a CKC AKC registered breeder for my GS, and I will only deal with breeders down the road when I get more dogs. Its more $$, but not only are you being a responsible dog owner, you will more than likely have a healthier (less expensive) dog in the long run. Its not like buying a dog from a nonregistered breeder is a sin, but by dealing with a registered breeder, you are doing your best to promote the health of the breed.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/clt/1358228766.html
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/1343305147.html

How do these look? they are not from backyard breeders are they?

HotBoxedGTI

Ready to race!

anyone listing dogs on craigslist is not someone you want to deal with.
im not saying all are bad but like 85% are more are not the type of breeders you want to deal with.
both lists you posted seem like ok ppl just trying to find homes for there dogs.
180 for the pups is not bad looks like they just want to get money back from shots and vet bills.

check out www.gopitbull.com you will find a ton of info on there about how to pick a breeder or where to get your dog.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
anyone listing dogs on craigslist is not someone you want to deal with.
im not saying all are bad but like 85% are more are not the type of breeders you want to deal with.

check out www.gopitbull.com you will find a ton of info on there about how to pick a breeder or where to get your dog.

I'm going to my local animal shelter in 1hr n half, I'm gonna take some pictures of the puppies..I want to pick one up so bad.

HotBoxedGTI

Ready to race!
I'm going to my local animal shelter in 1hr n half, I'm gonna take some pictures of the puppies..I want to pick one up so bad.

i know the feeling but take your time the right dog will find you.
right now you should be doing all the reading you can do.

and also with pits you need to be very careful with pit pups they can get parvo virus very bad my pup had it and it cost me a ton of money to get her healthy again.

google parvo virus and check it out...its a nasty nasty puppy sickness that can kill them

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
i know the feeling but take your time the right dog will find you.
right now you should be doing all the reading you can do.

and also with pits you need to be very careful with pit pups they can get parvo virus very bad my pup had it and it cost me a ton of money to get her healthy again.

google parvo virus and check it out...its a nasty nasty puppy sickness that can kill them

Yeah, I should not be rushing..
I'm going to read and study about them more.
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Family had a Pit for 10 years...great dog but needs alot more attention,training,paying attention to details with this breed.

If you get a pit check out the pitbull-chat forum..I wish they'around when we (parents) were going through D.A (dog aggression) with the Pit and the terrier mix......what a mess that was.......

Good Luck on your puppy quest.....

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
This Baby PitBull is up for adoption at the New Rochelle Humane Society but you need "two" references...their pups/dogs come already micro-chipped,vaccinations and neutered/spayed.He's around 10-12 weeks old..he was messing with the Chow-Chow while I was waiting to get my GSD puppy..he is a handful and a cutie..

newrochellehumanesociety.jpg

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
I love pitbulls..the best dogs besides English bulldogs...Heres my pups that go with me for a ride-beside the frenchy..