GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CiM angled vent pod and electrical boost gauge for center vent. Who has one?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion

V2.0T

Ready to race!
Wait, do you have a CiM setup or someone elses? Not sure what you mean by "putting foam insulation under for direction".

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wait, do you have a CiM setup or someone elses? Not sure what you mean by "putting foam insulation under for direction".
I have a BSH/OSIR/NS vent kit. I either have to modify the vent housing to place it back there with the 90 degree fitting or change the fitting or use some insulation as others have.
I contemplate my decision to marry all the time. WTF was I thinking. JK. Please don't tell her!:biggrin:
LOL promise i wont. Mine sees me on this forum and just sighs luckily. Shes like omg are you always on a car forum? :lol:

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
I like the look of the center vent unmolested.
x2 again, so x4..

Used to have an obd-II reader mounted in the center stack in my old car. Missus did not approve, called it my "jackoff-meter". ... I can't wait to see how she reacts to a boost gauge mounted in the center stack vent. At least if it were mounted on the driver's side vent it'd be more out of view and I'd probably get less static about it.

Still, I like this kit 10x better than anything else I've seen. I think this one is the one to have.

Back2VW

LOL WUT
Back2VW
Did you just cut the fuse tap shorter? That's what it looked like you did. The fuse taps I had didn't need to be trimmed luckily.

Yes. Mine wouldn't go in with post sides around the post.

After 30 minutes I decided to trim. So far so good.

Also I cant get my top air diffuser back on... the front 2 clips wont seat!! :mad0259:

It always seems to be these small rare things (I have taken that diffuser off about 3 times prior) that come up when I attempt something like this. :wink:

V2.0T

Ready to race!
nhbubba
I agree with you on it being the best kit. Consider it the "jackoff-meter" of the year!:bellyroll:

Back2VW
Make sure the duct of the diffuser meets up exactly with the duct of the dash. If not, it will cause the front two clips to sit further forward and not go into the radio trim. The trick is to put the diffuser in slightly forward towards the back of the car and join the two ducts first by sliding the diffuser back and then down into the dash and radio trim. Give that a try. It may work.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
Could someone help us EUROJET gauge people and post up your CIM directions? Our gauge did not come with instructions and a few people think they have it down but I want to see what CIM says. Colors and such for the wires or a nice write up or even a scan of what was sent.

Please post here:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107087

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Could someone help us EUROJET gauge people and post up your CIM directions? Our gauge did not come with instructions and a few people think they have it down but I want to see what CIM says. Colors and such for the wires or a nice write up or even a scan of what was sent.

Please post here:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107087

Again all these installs are the same. AWE website or diy on here.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3524&highlight=boost+gauge
As for the wire on the last page of the thread you posted there is more info on color wires and what/how to wire.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107087&page=4

People keep insisting on these install instructions for these gauges and not to be rude but if your installing this yourself, and can not figure out how to do it from BSH website, AWE website, Vortex, Here, and numerous other DIY thread with many many pics, maybe you should consider not doing this install yourself. The only thing i see being a problem is EJ should def have a wiring diagram for a new product with all those wires. It is unacceptable to me for them to have no info on a delayed product and that people are having to resort to forums or trying to contact a company around holiday time for support and i dont even have their product.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
You guys still need the DIY?

Yes because I would like to see the differences. That would be nice. People keep referring me back to the AWE install which has nothing to do with electronic gauges. I can run lines like most. It just comes down to the wires and what they do.

Do you have multiple lighting options? Euro supposedly can run white in the day and Blue when the lights are turned on.

It should not be a customers job to serch forums for this info as it should have been provided in the box. :frown:

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes because I would like to see the differences. That would be nice. People keep referring me back to the AWE install which has nothing to do with electronic gauges. I can run lines like most. It just comes down to the wires and what they do.

Do you have multiple lighting options? Euro supposedly can run white in the day and Blue when the lights are turned on.

It should not be a customers job to serch forums for this info as it should have been provided in the box. :frown:

Again all these installs are the same. AWE website or diy on here.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3524&highlight=boost+gauge
As for the wire on the last page of the thread you posted there is more info on color wires and what/how to wire.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107087&page=4

People keep insisting on these install instructions for these gauges and not to be rude but if your installing this yourself, and can not figure out how to do it from BSH website, AWE website, Vortex, Here, and numerous other DIY thread with many many pics, maybe you should consider not doing this install yourself. The only thing i see being a problem is EJ should def have a wiring diagram for a new product with all those wires. It is unacceptable to me for them to have no info on a delayed product and that people are having to resort to forums or trying to contact a company around holiday time for support and i dont even have their product.

:word:
The only thing different is your running a wire to the compartment instead of a hose, and splicing in an extra power wire. If you really think the AWE or a mechanical install has nothing to do with an electronic gauge , i wouldnt install the gauge myself if i were you.
Edit: yes i quoted myself, it was obviously needed.

Back2VW

LOL WUT

E-mail the customer service e-mail for Concepts in Motion and request install instructions.

They give you a detailed PDF file via e-mail when you purchase.

I missed mine in my inbox (saw it later) however they sent another within 30 or so minutes of requesting it.

2wdBlazer

Ready to race!
i wouldnt install the gauge myself if i were you.
Edit: yes i quoted myself, it was obviously needed.

I will be doing it myself and I just expect a detailed piece of paper to hold my hand. A detailed script for the average person who does nothing on their car is needed and can make anyone know how to do it. Again, I should have to bounce around looking for this stuff as it is an epic fail from Eurojet. I am just an average garage mechanic who has not done much wiring but proper instructions and I will be fine.

CIM pm'd me and is emailing what I need si I will just compare notes. Sorry to clutter the CIM thread so I will end it here. Thanks guys.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I will be doing it myself and I just expect a detailed piece of paper to hold my hand. A detailed script for the average person who does nothing on their car is needed and can make anyone know how to do it. Again, I should have to bounce around looking for this stuff as it is an epic fail from Eurojet. I am just an average garage mechanic who has not done much wiring but proper instructions and I will be fine.

CIM pm'd me and is emailing what I need si I will just compare notes. Sorry to clutter the CIM thread so I will end it here. Thanks guys.

Like i said before yes epic fail on EJ part. PM me if you have any questions on your install i can help with. I have installed both electronic and mech gauges. good luck:thumbsup: