GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CiM angled vent pod and electrical boost gauge for center vent. Who has one?

V2.0T

Ready to race!
I just purchased this setup yesterday. I'm looking for feedback from those who have one? How do you like it and how is the colormatch? The colormatch for their MKIV seems to be spot on so I would assume that it would be the same for the MKV. This vent pod is angled towards the driver which is a definite plus and it also comes with an electrical boost gauge. Looking for your opinions. TIA

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
It just fits where your stock fins go. Should be easy to to. Here is a pic of the fins they simply rest behind the front plate of the vent. You can see the whole vent taken apart in my photo gallery for boost gauge install.

They should just slide in behind the plate and go back into the vent. Make sure the gauge you get has a straight barb coming out the back end not a 90 deg. Otherwise you will have to cut into the stock piece to make it fit.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
btw thats only a 45mm gauge mount

V2.0T

Ready to race!
Make sure the gauge you get has a straight barb coming out the back end not a 90 deg. Otherwise you will have to cut into the stock piece to make it fit.

I'm pretty sure this gauge doesn't have a barbed fitting coming out of the back because it is an electrical boost gauge instead of the crappy mechanical setups.

btw thats only a 45mm gauge mount

According to CiM, only the mounting part is 45mm. They said the actual face of the gauge is the same size as a 52mm gauge.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Concepts In Motion electronic boost guage

Concepts In Motion <- That's for the search engine.

So I just saw a post about mounting one of these in a Mk4 Jetta over on the 'tex.

Has anyone installed one of these in a MkV? I'm very interested. From the looks of things we have a fully electronic gauge with a remote vacuum sender that can be located in the engine bay! No need to route vac lines through the firewall!

I was pretty stoked about the Eurojet setup.. but now that it is finally here I've decided the look does not work for me. I find the New South look pretty much what I want, although I'd prefer an electronic gauge. This CIM setup seems like just the ticket.

At $145 shipped, including vent pod, the price isn't that bad either.

The 45mm vent pod seems a little sub-optimal. But they say the gauge is equivalent to a 52mm gauge.. somehow. Or so they say.

Anyone else?

V2.0T

Ready to race!
I'll take a measurement so we can compare this gauge to a standard 52mm gauge. From what I understand it, the face is the same size as a standard 52mm gauge. From the looks of my Autometer gauge, there is quite a bit of trim around the display vs. the CiM setup.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
V2.0T, please update once you receive and install. Photos would be great!

I'm half ready to order purely on the fact that this is a tastefully done, electronic setup with the sender in the engine compartment. I actually don't give a damn what size the gauge is, to be perfectly honest. My only concern is that a 45mm gauge and pod is not compatible with any of the other 52mm gauges or pods available on the market.

I just checked out vortex. Can't find any discussion of this gauge in the MkV sections.

Linky: http://www.conceptsinmotion.net/products/vw/mkv.html

V2.0T

Ready to race!
Alright, so I just got home from work and I have a package at the door. It's like an early Christmas....sort of. Anyways, I took some pics for those who are wondering. I also took some comparison shots next to a junk 52mm Autometer boost gauge that I had laying around. Too late to install tonight, but it will definitely be priority tomorrow.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Good stuff there V20T.

So I wonder what makes that Autometer gauge a "52mm". Do they measure to the outside of the trim ring or something? I always thought it was the outer dimension of the gauge itself, behind the trim ring. IE the size hole you needed to mount the gauge.

The CIM gauge seems pretty much as wide as the opening it fits. Which means the vent pod is ~45mm in diameter. Which means no other gauge will fit that pod.. and that this gauge will not fit any other pod (designed for a 52mm gauge). Suggesting this gauge would not fit in an OSIR or AWE pods.

I like the AWE's driver's side placement better.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Sub'd.

In for pics after the install. I like AWE's placement better, but my AWE gauge doesn't sit right on zero and I might be interested in replacing it with an electronic version down the road.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi