GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CiM angled vent pod and electrical boost gauge for center vent. Who has one?

Mr. SickWitIt

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm trying to hold out too, but I don't think I will be able to. Does anyone have their red backlight setup installed? Wondering how that one looks. Possibly post more pics.

V2.0T

Ready to race!
:thumbdown: to mechanical gauges. I got an electrical setup and it was still cheaper than what they're selling for. It's all a matter of opinion anyways. You like it or you don't.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You have to do more work to hook up this gauge to the center vents though, BTW

And then even if you do get an electrical gauge, you still have to run the wires to the cabin.....so it's the same thing (as a mechanical)

It's not saving any work or time AT ALL

And hooked up properly (filter/no buzz fitting), the mechanical gauge won't buzz or make any noise though

Plus these digital ones aren't really matching the stock dash lighting either (too bright).
Mechanical is gonna be more accurate than a electrical too.....but yeah, to each their own

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
You have to do more work to hook up this gauge to the center vents though, BTW

And then even if you do get an electrical gauge, you still have to run the wires to the cabin.....so it's the same thing (as a mechanical)

It's not saving any work or time AT ALL

And hooked up properly (filter/no buzz fitting), the mechanical gauge won't buzz or make any noise though

Plus these digital ones aren't really matching the stock dash lighting either (too bright).
Mechanical is gonna be more accurate than a electrical too.....but yeah, to each their own
Gee I could have sworn someone said that once or twice already :iono:

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi

Sayz who? The EJ gauge is the one that reportedly is too bright. I've yet to read a SINGLE review claiming this CiM gauge is a poor match.

The bottom line is that if you don't like this product, don't buy it.

You seem to have a hair up your ass regarding this company/product.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Mechanical is gonna be more accurate than a electrical too.....

I thought Electrical would be at least as accurate? I don't see how it would be less accurate. I would imagine the electrical gauge would be more responsive as well seeing how the gauge signal unit could potentially be placed very close to the vacuum source, with less vacuum line to run/pressurize.

It goes without saying as well that it will be quieter. I've tried numerous no buzz fittings in various locations with the same results. Under heavy load (6th gear acceleration), the gauge still buzzes.

Not trying to argue, just curious how an electronic gauge would be any less accurate than a mechanical gauge?

plac

GTI Master
Pretty simple. Mechanical is what it is. natural and true, whats there is there, guarunteed.. add electronic and you add all the variables of bad electronics or mis-calibrated electronics.

Dredknut

DSG Fart Fanatic
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Pretty simple. Mechanical is what it is. natural and true, whats there is there, guarunteed.. add electronic and you add all the variables of bad electronics or mis-calibrated electronics.

Fair enough. Mechanical may be more accurate, but I guess in the grand scheme of things a boost gauge is merely a reference tool only anyways right? Vagcom is the only real way to tell exactly what you're boosting and if you're what you're supposed to be boosting.

Point being, I don't really think accuracy is a valid argument here... If a mechanical gauge is slightly more accurate for whatever reason, so be it but at the end of the day does that matter?

Maybe I am a little biased as my AWE mechanical gauge has been off "0" since the day I got it and it drives me freakin mad :biggrin: