GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The TTE 480 kit is kind of pricey sounding for what it is too. But I guess it makes good power with OEM fitment.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The TTE 480 kit is kind of pricey sounding for what it is too. But I guess it makes good power with OEM fitment.

Its a few hundred more than the 7163 setup I was buying but I have to have something that can take a stock downpipe/cat for testing so my choices are very limited. Frankly I am quite happy with the power I am making with the K04 in terms of the track.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I am running Advan slicks and an LSD I am actually more worried about sourcing some sort of racing axles for my DSG setup. Probably looking at custom set (cachinggggg).

Ahhh, didn't realize it was so difficult to source axles for DSG. I'm getting mine from the drive shaft shop, but they don't seem to have offerings for DSG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Ahhh, didn't realize it was so difficult to source axles for DSG. I'm getting mine from the drive shaft shop, but they don't seem to have offerings for DSG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do custom axles too, that was going to be my first call. Raxles wouldn't do custom for me when I asked last year.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Raxles makes axles for the DSG, 100% sure on this. What were you asking for that they wouldn't do?

Correct they make regular replacement ones, I have one. They don't make any race versions for DSG only manual tranny.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Looks like the car goes down and the motor gets pulled on July 1.

Lots to do while the car is down.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Congrats!! Let the fun begin!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Correct they make regular replacement ones, I have one. They don't make any race versions for DSG only manual tranny.

Really, kinda surprised they don't offer em. I'm assuming you called and talked to them about it. Did they just say they won't do it?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Really, kinda surprised they don't offer em. I'm assuming you called and talked to them about it. Did they just say they won't do it?

Yes on all counts. He thinks I will be fine with his stock units considering my use (road course). I am still on the hunt for some custom units though just to complete the upgrade of the power delivery.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Saturday 6/24/2017
Well after a number of setbacks. Engine removal getting started. Forged motor coming.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Part out coming soon. K04, s3 injectors, APR HPFP, almost new stock LPFP, Bilstein Sports and Eibach Sportline springs, full set of Golf R brakes (black) with rotors and 2 sets of pads stree/track, Audi TTS seats. All in good shape. A little farther out I will sell my tires and wheels set of BBS CO 18x8 with Comp2 exc cond and set of BBS CO with Yoko Advan slicks for track. Going with flared fenders and 18x9.5 wheels

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looking good!! The race is on!