GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Eurodyne with a custom dyno tune. About the only real option for non off the shelf setups like a K04. I kept going back and forth on this when trying to decide on what turbo I was going to get.

Other option would be Etuners with Dr techy, Eric (Eurocars) can help you out with getting in touch with him. I've heard good things but haven't done too much homework on them.

Yes, I will be going to Autuning and getting a Eurodyne - dyno tune.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well I am off this moring to go buy a spare motor (long block) so I can use it to do the build, then just swap it over when the motor is built. Less downtime and then I will sell my motor (which still runs great at just under 75K mi) after I am done.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I was able to pick up a nice motor for 500 this morning!! They will deliver it Monday.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well I can now install the YCW coilovers - the springs are in. Upgraded from stock to Swift springs like the production models. Nice stuff. Went 6K/8K I think production will be 5K/7K.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Most excellent news on the motor and springs! Glad to see the project coming together for ya. I've got a similar situation going on with the motor as well. Except I have one built motor ready to go in when the stock one blows and all the internals to build my old motor once it comes out. If there's anything I've learned Racing over the years, spare high dollar parts (motors, trans, suspension, etc) is crucial. Learned the hard way multiple times and won't do it again.

You should really keep your old motor if you have room to store it and can afford to hang on to it. In the event you ever have an issue with the new build you can just swap motors and go back to the K04 setup you know works well.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Most excellent news on the motor and springs! Glad to see the project coming together for ya. I've got a similar situation going on with the motor as well. Except I have one built motor ready to go in when the stock one blows and all the internals to build my old motor once it comes out. If there's anything I've learned Racing over the years, spare high dollar parts (motors, trans, suspension, etc) is crucial. Learned the hard way multiple times and won't do it again.

You should really keep your old motor if you have room to store it and can afford to hang on to it. In the event you ever have an issue with the new build you can just swap motors and go back to the K04 setup you know works well.

That is good advice. I will probably keep it, don't really need to sell it. I may even do a mild rebuild/refresh on it once I get it out.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
That is good advice. I will probably keep it, don't really need to sell it. I may even do a mild rebuild/refresh on it once I get it out.

For people like us that dont plan on getting rid of the car and are building it for the long haul it just makes more sense. Things are going to break and the cost of buying and then building another motor when you have a perfectly good motor just sitting there is silly. Im all about the fleet/long term mindset, half the reason I bought the same car 3 times lol. If only my daily was an FSI instead of a TSI, thats the only spot I screwed up on.

So excited to see your car come together, you have been putting so much time and money into it the reward should be fantastic! Just wish we lived closer, would be great to get together and help each other out during the build process and get feedback from each other.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well since I am going to put some new coilovers on with stiffer springs I decided to also upgrade my swaybar edlinks. Expensive but nicely engineered and stout/adjustable.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Decided to also go with all new coolant tubing and heater tubing from Forge, going Blue.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Damn that's going to look nice. Don't you have the blue IE intake plate to?

I actually sold that intake manifold. Not sure what I am going to use but I will color coordinate and probably put the a number of dress up stuff in the bay.