GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 and 2007 owners -How long did your TPMS batteries last?

when i was putting together steelies & snows, I bought a used set for $70.

when my steelies turned up with TPMS already installed, I sold that set for, $70.

When i get around to transferring my snow tires to a set of ironically-named Momo Winter 5-spokes (they were cheap!), I'll sell that set of TPMS for, $70.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'm glad 2006's didn't have TPMS. I would've disabled it if it did anyhow.

My parent's 2005 T'Reg is constantly warning them about low tires because one or two of the sensors are bad/batteries dead. It was a different design and unlike our cars, there is no way to fully disable the warning with VCDS.

The cost of repairing them is high though. We're all old fashioned I guess.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
My 06 doesn't, I wish it had wheel speed monitoring like the mk6's do.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
... love how the mkvi (the one we have at least) ditched the tpms sensors and instead figures tire pressure off wheel rotations. ...
There are a lot of cars that use the ABS sensors to detect a low tire.
They will catch a punctured / leaking tire.
Unlike the in-wheel pressure / temperature sensors, the ABS sensor based systems
do not detect pressure drops from temperature changes, since all the tires react the same.
I like that the sensors warn you when its time to top up the tires when the seasons change. ymmv

matteo716

Muddy GTI guy
Car(s)
2008 GTI
EACH, plus labor charges for breaking down and balancing the wheel.

Each set of 4, then I would figure each tire is what, 15-20 to demount install then remount? So still looking at over 200$ to get it all done.

I must be paranoid, but I like the piece of mind. Low profiles are so hard to eye check. Unlike my van or old jeep I had.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm pretty sure it was $140 for each wheel but I'll check next month when I go in to get the last of any warranty work done.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
I'm pretty sure it was $140 for each wheel but I'll check next month when I go in to get the last of any warranty work done.
I am sure a dealer could be that high for one.
It appears VW parts offers them individually and in a set of 4 with a discount.
matteo716 linked to a source, Deutsche Auto Parts in Mooresville, NC,
that is offering the set of four sensors for ≈ $140 w/ ground shipping.
captured 20-July-2013

Indicates a VW part number and states - Manufacturer: Genuine Volkswagen.
Seems a sweet deal. :iono: