GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 and 2007 owners -How long did your TPMS batteries last?

matteo716

Muddy GTI guy
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I am sure a dealer could be that high for one.
It appears VW parts offers them individually and in a set of 4 with a discount.
matteo716 linked to a source, Deutsche Auto Parts in Mooresville, NC,
that is offering the set of four sensors for ≈ $140 w/ ground shipping.
captured 20-July-2013

Indicates a VW part number and states - Manufacturer: Genuine Volkswagen.
Seems a sweet deal. :iono:

-coughs- that was elwood that linked it -coughs-

LeBlaaanc

One of mine went out recently. Lasted 10yrs. Amazon sells these sold by DAP for around $70. I got confirmation from the guy on the phone at DAP that they were new but then received an email later stating they were old stock. I bet they are old stock. Depending on how old I plan to take them apart and replace the batteries.

Will keep everyone updated.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
Still had originals in my 2007 with 140K miles when I sold it. Also still had original brakes up front too.

However, a couple weeks ago I got a TPMS flashing that went away after a few minutes.

Fred930

Scirocco MK II Track Car
TPMS Sensor Replacement Life

I replaced all four TPMS transmitters in my 2009 GTI last Spring. So about a six year life. Yes, they are expensive, but certainly don't go to a Dealer for them!!

Find an independent shop and just install them with next set of tires. Tire Rack had decent price for the transmitters, so just buy a set with your next tire order as they approach that six year milestone. Doing them with new tires will avoid additional installation labor cost.

I did find lowest price on Ebay, but since mine contain a non-replaceable battery - wanted to be sure I was getting a "fresh" set.