GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SevenW

Need Help Bilstein Mounting Bits!

Can anybody help me out? I need the lil sleeve and locking nut for my rear Bilstein shocks. The bits circled on the photo, I was recently told by my mech that when I got my shocks installed he didn't have them and improvised the fitting!!!!!!!!!:eyebulge: I reckon that is what is causing my...
  2. SevenW

Popping rear sway bar!

Been driving around recently and I keep hearing a popping, tapping sound coming from the rear, it's been driving me mad.:mad0259: It only happens at low speeds turning. Managed to jack up the car to take a look, I was hoping it would be dried RSB bushes, instead I saw the whole RSB has been...
  3. SevenW

BSH Stage 1 PCV leaking oil

My car had done 10,000miles on the original PCV running a UK company remap. I notice oil albiet not much, leaking from the bottom of the PCV, I decided to take it back to the stealers on a warranty job, they replaced the gasket and tested the PCV saying it was fine. No problems..........once I...
  4. SevenW

OBX Catback?!?!

Anybody tried one of these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220431650190 Looks alright, but does it fit right and does it produce a better breathing system, not really bothered about sound as long as it aint loud.
  5. SevenW

Blesk Maxlux Details

After following the post on Brex, I found Maxlux's details and decided to fire off an email to them, they got back to me very quickly. Their stuff is pretty interesting and their pricing is very good compared to Ziza pricing, lets just say at cost they are an 1/8 of the price. I have just done...
  6. SevenW

Phil and Brandon @ BSH!!!!!!

I originally ordered my PCV revamp stage 1 on 11th March, sensed something amiss on the 24th March, so I gave a call to Phil.........he was pretty helpful and stated that there may be something wrong. Got an email from Brendan on the 25th with a tracking nos and would of got the parcel on the...
  7. SevenW

Buying Suspension in Aus

Hi guys, I'm looking in getting a set of Koni FSDs anybody got a tel or website with good pricing? WA would be good, but postage is fine too. Cheers
  8. SevenW

Hyper Black Huffs

Here's a twist. I'm half way thru polishing my Huffs and tbh it ain't turned out the way I was expecting, just cant get the faces to be mirror smooth or reflective. I was considering, saying bugger it and paint them gloss black, but on a UG GTI, thinking it wouldn't be drop dead awe...
  9. SevenW

Help!!!!! Changing CV boot on a DSG

Need some info: A mates A3 2.0FSI DSG has a bust, outer CV boot, the car is 06 and has done 30,000kms, outta warranty cos VAG only offer 2 yrs. Has anybody changed their CV boot or have information? The question is when you pull the driveshaft out the DSG gearbox does the gearbox oil flood out...
  10. SevenW

Eibach Pro Kit Longitivity

I have a euro spec GTI, I guess that means the ride height is the same as 08 US GTIs, anyway I see plenty of folk use the Eibach Pro Kit on the stock OEM damper / shocks. My question is how long do the stock shocks last in such an installation? Is it worthwhile saving up for a full suspension...
  11. SevenW

Additives and Octane boosters

Just a quickie......... Here in HK we pay relatively high prices for our gas, so in the forever quest for more bang for buck, plenty of folk stick additives or octane boosters in our tanks thinking we get more ooomph! The one brand that I've actually been using for the past 3yrs is Silkolene...
  12. SevenW

My new alloys

:frown: I just don't know....................... They are 18x8 ET45, RS4 reps, I stuck my BS 050 back on, they looked stretched. I'm in two minds, should I go back to my 18" Huffs? Thinking of either painting the huffs or polishing them now. 7
  13. SevenW

Apology to Dogbone makers

For sometime I have been a real hard and unforgiving tw@t, towards sellers of the dogbone mounts cos most companies want $30+ postage overseas, for what I thought was a small piece of PU and a washer. Well today I got my ECS dogbone in the post, and was expecting the thing to be an inch and a...
  14. SevenW

Opinions on RS4 reps!

Can anybody post a pic of a UG with these on!?!?!?:fighting0030: :fighting0030: Only kidding!:wink: I've seen enuff................ I know RS4 reps are pretty rife over in US, but here on the other side of the world they are as rare as rocking horse sh*t. Apart from being on Audi...
  15. SevenW

Hey show us your ti...........................ps!

I'm seriously sick of the OE exhaust tips, because they have a rolled inner lip the sooty black water lols around and leaks out, causing it to look like a dribbler. Also the overall chrome is utter crap, looks like the tips were stored and transported with a million others and is all dented and...
  16. SevenW

Killing a DV

Not that I've killed my DV, but for all who have here. What type of driving does make a DV give out easiest? Now I hear a lot of people chime in about how chipping is a garaunteed DV killer, but that's fine I understand the extra boost but if you drive like a granny will it still cause the DV...
  17. SevenW

Audi Q7 alloys on a GTI???

Can anybody enlighten me? I've seen a set of Audi Q7 alloys for a steal, but I'm not sure if they are the correct offset, I've read they are et58 and I believe the GTI is et50 so a 10mm spacer will make it work? Cheers
  18. SevenW

The Bestest Exhaust Out There

Was reading the Golf forum and there's a closed thread where some guy asks which exhaust should he buy, it's a closed thread now but I really dig these!:laughabove: :laughabove: 7
  19. SevenW

Protection from overspray

I'm extremely confused with what I should do let alone angry........... My place of work, does some spray painting, once a year, now even though they have a spray booth, the extraction system consists of a big mofo industrial extractor that sucks and blows out into the cool enviroment.:mad0259...
  20. SevenW

Floppy Glovebox Need Help!!!!!!

A couple of days ago I reached fo the glove box, the thing came down pretty fast compared with before, actually went clump! Before the glove box used to come down in a stiff damping motion. The other day I was looking in the passenger footwell and I found this: I was wondering if it has...