GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help!!!!! Changing CV boot on a DSG

SevenW

Ready to race!
Need some info:

A mates A3 2.0FSI DSG has a bust, outer CV boot, the car is 06 and has done 30,000kms, outta warranty cos VAG only offer 2 yrs.
Has anybody changed their CV boot or have information? The question is when you pull the driveshaft out the DSG gearbox does the gearbox oil flood out too? Meaning you need a gearbox oil change too?
I ask this because if the oil doesn't leak out, then technically, the car can get it's CV boot changed at a local garage, if it requires a full gearbox oil change, then it should go back to the dealers, which will mean $$$$$$!

Any info be good.

Cheers

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
your best chance bro is to see what a vdub dealer can do for and ask them over the phone. This is the first i've heard for our MkV's since they are still pretty new. But the guys over at VWVortex have a lot of knowlege as well.

JoeShmo

moved on.
Car(s)
09 335I / 07 GTI
These cars do not have slip-yoke style outputs so i dont see how any fluid could be lost, you simply unbolt the axle from the trans and from the hub and remove it.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
VW replaced my CV boot some time ago (under warranty) without any DSG fluid leaking.