GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Ferris

1. Ferris

Finally Superchipped! // 0-100 calculators

After 3 years of stock driving I finally took the plunge and bought a Superchips Bluefin for my GTI. I must say it is very nice... a decent power upgrade and for less than $700 delivered from the UK! It has me wondering about intakes, and whether they would add much to the power of the car...
  2. Ferris

Canberra VW Owners Club, First Meet

Well done Aaron for organising today's GTG. Unfortunately I couldn't hang around for the cruise, but here are a few photos I managed to snap before the rain hit! It was nice to meet all you guys, and I'm looking forward to the next GTG!
  3. Ferris

GTIs and flooded roads

We had an interesting experience driving from Brisbane to Canberra last week. Somewhere in NSW (can't remember exactly where, but I think it was between Armidale and Coonabarabran) we hit a flooded section of road - the roadside indicator showed the water to be around 40cm deep. Other cars...
  4. Ferris

Your "ex-wheels" Picture Thread!

The Charger I owned for many years...
  5. Ferris

OT: Love the Beast (Eric Bana's Car Doco)

I reckon this doco looks fantastic!... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uh2QXw3-UE After all, can't go wrong with Bana, Clarkson, Leno and Dr Phil (!?) appearing together in a car doco :)
  6. Ferris

GTI 0-100 times

Hi all. For those of you with GTIs, I was wondering what your best 0-100 times are? I'm curious as to how much difference there is between stock and reflashed GTIs. Just how quick are some of your rides? :burnrubber:
  7. Ferris

iPhone Dynolicious Car Performance Meter

How cool is this? :w00t: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/07/iphone_apps_we_like_dynolicious_car_performance_meter-2.html
  8. Ferris

DIY (inexpensive) mount for TomTom One + hardwire to fuse box

I thought I'd post some pics and info describing the way I created a mount and hardwired my Tomtom One satnav to the fusebox. It's pretty basic stuff really, and no doubt there are much more elegant ways to do this. Having said that, it all cost me next to nothing, and so far the mount has...
  9. Ferris

GTI sounding 'rough'

This could well be just my imagination, but since our Canberra get together I reckon my GTI's engine is sounding 'rough'. The engine doesn't sound as smooth as it did before under light acceleration, although it sounds normal at idle. I don't know how else to describe it... the power is still...
  10. Ferris

Ugliest cars

Mind you, the Fiat Multipla would have to be a contender as well...
  11. Ferris

Car bras - which is best?

My wife and I are planning a driving holiday, and knowing how many stone chips and dead bugs we will end up with I am thinking about buying a car bra. Reading through old posts it sounds like there are two good choices: Car Bra (Australian - $400ish?) and ECS Tuning (US - $235ish?). On face...
  12. Ferris

Ferris' Blog

Hi all. Being about three years behind the times, I thought I'd give the whole blog-thing a try. Not wanting to do things by halves, I even registered a domain name. :thumbup: Anyway, if you've got 5 mins to spare wander over to: http://www.ferrisgti.com It's a bit of fun really, and I'm not...
  13. Ferris

Dirty wheels in only 1 week?

Hi all, There might already be a post about this subject somewhere, but I didn't come across it. I gave our GTI it's first wash this weekend and noticed that the wheels were extremely dirty. I was quite surprised, as we've only done a few hundred kms or so. Is this because the tyres and/or...
  14. Ferris

Picked up our GTI today :)

Hi all, My wife and I collected our 3dr GTI today. We're very happy indeed! :laugh: Everything went smoothly, aside from noticing a (very) small rub mark on the plastic near the drivers seat. Nothing major, but I noted it on the delivery checklist, and I was told that they will 'look at'...
  15. Ferris

Soon to become a new GTI owner :)

Hi all, Feeling on a high right now, as the wife and I finally made our decision to buy a MY07 GTI today! :) I haven't posted here before but I've been a regular visitor for quite a while (months maybe?). It's a great forum, and you guys have all been really helpful, and have answered many...