GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canberra VW Owners Club, First Meet

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Yeah worst comes to worst we can meet up the top, bit late to change the ideas though, so we will try for the plan first. Sunday should be okay.

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
The carpark might be quite full, but if it is we will just park randomly and then after lunch, head off for a cruise/photo ops.

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Okay, here is the plan.

Route to the Causeway:
Manuka to Causeway

Route from Causeway to Departure:
Causeway to dept

* We will park wherever at the meeting location in Bougainville St Manuka.
From here we will eat, relax get to know one another etc. (we will decide on the day where to eat)
* Then after lunch, everyone can make the short drive to our first hangout location at the causeway in the back of Kingston foreshore, here we can get some photo ops.
* Next, we cruise as a group out toward the cotter, taking the route specified. Upon arrival we will stop and enjoy photo ops number 2.
* From here we will continue past the cotter and toward Point Hut road. Turn left from Tidbinbilla road onto Point Hut road, then follow the route onto Mugga Lane then back toward Manuka.
* Finally stopping for our goodbyes on the side of Captain Cook Cres. From here we depart.

Anyway, hope you like the schedule and should be a fun day, can't wait!

I will make about 20 copies of the route as handouts for people who don't print one off here.

As a side note, please guys if you can bring CB radios, they are very useful if anyone gets lost or the group gets split by lights.

Cheers Guys and Enjoy!
Aaron.

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
I like your plan Aaron... nice work organising it all for us! Any chance you can post your mobile phone number here (or private message to those of us going tomorrow)? Might be handy to have just in case.

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Yeah NP, I will PM it to all involved ;)

BTW, sorry about the bit last minute rush boys, wont be like this in the future, I assure you.
Reason why I guess is I was only expecting a small show, like 4 or maybe 5, but this is just overwhelming and makes me most happy! :p

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I should be able to make it today, but may be a little bit late and may not be able to go on the full drive. I've got Aaron's number so will call up if need be.

Cheers
Liam

GTI_racer

Grand Tourer Injection
Car(s)
MY07 GTI
My car wont be clean either...it poured on my way home from Gungahlin this morning.

I'll see you there

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Well done Aaron for organising today's GTG. Unfortunately I couldn't hang around for the cruise, but here are a few photos I managed to snap before the rain hit!
It was nice to meet all you guys, and I'm looking forward to the next GTG!

DSCN2311_1.jpg

DSCN2310_1.jpg

DSCN2305.jpg

DSCN2309.jpg

DSCN2312.jpg

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
anymore pics of saads car?

Not from me, but some of the others had cameras and hopefully they will post their photos here as well. I would have taken plenty more photos if it wasn't for the huge downpour that happened as soon as we arrived!

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Haha, that rain was intense. Only last 10 mins or so, thankfully. :yikes:

Thanks to Aaron for organising the day. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Liam

saad

Go Kart Champion
Awesome day. Liam I was trying to keep up with you on the way back to no avail. On the last corner of the road, I pressed my brakes and.....nothing.

Pulled over, hazard lights on, some major brake fade, pedal was all soft, and smoke from the brakes. Luckily it was OK soon after and I was able to ccarefully drive home!

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Yeah just got back now.

Good GTG people, thanks to everyone for making it :)

I will be organizing ahead for the next ones, gets some votes happening etc. now that we have a bit of a group put together.

That way back was intense, I feel sorry for the brakes Saad, upload the photo you took of the smoke!

As for my pics, I will touch them a bit and upload them, first looks are they came out good but maybe a little too much exposure :( should be all good though.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Aaron.