GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone Dynolicious Car Performance Meter

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
thats pretty freakin cool! i still have my concerns about its accuracey but for $12.99 why the hell not?!!!!

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I loaded this on my iPhone last night. Looks pretty cool. I might find my way to a private test facility this weekend to check it out.

:thumbsup:

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
I loaded this on my iPhone last night. Looks pretty cool. I might find my way to a private test facility this weekend to check it out.

:thumbsup:

Let me know how it goes, as I'm seriously considering it!!

Cheers

fbruxel

stig's brother
Car(s)
07 GTI DSG
I got this last night, have installed without any problems in both iPhone 3G & iPod Touch (you need 2.0 firmware on it however).

I'll run them on the way to work this morning, I've callibrated both exactly the same so let's see what it says!

Logzy

Ready to race!
I was looking for that last bit of justification to purchase an iphone, now i think i've found it.:w00t:

fbruxel

stig's brother
Car(s)
07 GTI DSG
Ok I don't know how to get screenshots from the iPhone / iPod Touch, but basically I did 2 runs this morning with both devices on....

The first one was a disaster as I come to learn that you need the devices in a very secure mount for good results, otherwise they slip back and the accelerometers get affected - duh!

On the first one, my iPhone moved a lot as it was located in my seat between my legs, so the result was complete crap... the iPod Touch however was in the middle compartment where the cup holders are and only tilted a little bit I believe, and I got a whooping 5.60 sec sprint to 60 miles per hour (96km/h). This run felt VERY fast too as I got very little wheelspin and the car just moved!

On the second run I put the iPhone in that spot and the iPod touch in the storage compartment on the driver's door, which is probably the best spot without a mount that I could think of as it lays flat and the rubbery surface ensures it doesn't slide anywhere.

I then got quite close results from both devices, a 6.92 sec on the iPod Touch and a 7.16 on the iPhone...

The program draws very cool little graphs for the acceleration, G's, HP etc..

Oh and I got a peak power of 179hp at the wheels (i.e. setting 0% on the drivetrain loss according to the manula gives you WHP). this was on the iPod Touch again; the iPhone had 15% set up and gave me like 195hp... which would be 165hp or so without the 15%...

For $15.99 it's definately worth it if you ever thought of buying a G-Tech or similar device. it'd be cool if they added more features such as:

1. Metric system units (km/h, m, etc)
2. Link with GPS for track days - similar to what racechrono does for Nokia phones - http://www.racechrono.com/

I've seen RaceChrono at a friend's N95 and the interface is so much nicer on Dynolicoius... it's a first release so let's hope they keep building on it - they'll obviously make a few bucks from it with several sales so hopefully they stick around and continue to develop it rather than piss off to the 'ring with their iPhone-funded 997 GT3 ;)

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
what bout the peoples iphones whose it doesnt work on?

fbruxel

stig's brother
Car(s)
07 GTI DSG
what bout the peoples iphones whose it doesnt work on?

i dunno, i didn't make the program mate ;)

try to send them an email or something... or delete the program off your iphone, turn it off, turn it back on and try again... i had a few apps which didn't work and i did that and then they worked.

good luck!

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
everything works sept calibrating when its face down

Booba

Ready to race!
Hold down home button then press power button. Results in a screenshot into your camera roll.

Ok I don't know how to get screenshots from the iPhone / iPod Touch, but basically I did 2 runs this morning with both devices on....

The first one was a disaster as I come to learn that you need the devices in a very secure mount for good results, otherwise they slip back and the accelerometers get affected - duh!

On the first one, my iPhone moved a lot as it was located in my seat between my legs, so the result was complete crap... the iPod Touch however was in the middle compartment where the cup holders are and only tilted a little bit I believe, and I got a whooping 5.60 sec sprint to 60 miles per hour (96km/h). This run felt VERY fast too as I got very little wheelspin and the car just moved!

On the second run I put the iPhone in that spot and the iPod touch in the storage compartment on the driver's door, which is probably the best spot without a mount that I could think of as it lays flat and the rubbery surface ensures it doesn't slide anywhere.

I then got quite close results from both devices, a 6.92 sec on the iPod Touch and a 7.16 on the iPhone...

The program draws very cool little graphs for the acceleration, G's, HP etc..

Oh and I got a peak power of 179hp at the wheels (i.e. setting 0% on the drivetrain loss according to the manula gives you WHP). this was on the iPod Touch again; the iPhone had 15% set up and gave me like 195hp... which would be 165hp or so without the 15%...

For $15.99 it's definately worth it if you ever thought of buying a G-Tech or similar device. it'd be cool if they added more features such as:

1. Metric system units (km/h, m, etc)
2. Link with GPS for track days - similar to what racechrono does for Nokia phones - http://www.racechrono.com/

I've seen RaceChrono at a friend's N95 and the interface is so much nicer on Dynolicoius... it's a first release so let's hope they keep building on it - they'll obviously make a few bucks from it with several sales so hopefully they stick around and continue to develop it rather than piss off to the 'ring with their iPhone-funded 997 GT3 ;)