GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally Superchipped! // 0-100 calculators

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
After 3 years of stock driving I finally took the plunge and bought a Superchips Bluefin for my GTI. I must say it is very nice... a decent power upgrade and for less than $700 delivered from the UK!

It has me wondering about intakes, and whether they would add much to the power of the car. The GTI's intake looks pretty good already... can anyone explain how an aftermarket intake actually improves on stock?

Oh, and while browsing the web I came across the following calculators. I had some fun playing around with weight and power settings... they actually look fairly accurate to me. What do you guys reckon?

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp
http://www.torquestats.com/modified/index.php?pid=calculator

mrbrossnan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2005 Mk.V GTI
it will definitely improves the power as there will be more air going into the turbo. the car will breath much better...also the aftermarket intake will make the DV sound more noticeable (whoosh whoosh or psssh sound)...intake will definitely compliment your chipped ecu..

JTW

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
day and night difference,
well worth it.

saad

Go Kart Champion
i got the twintake, wlel worth it. Your welcome to come and have a look/test drive

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Thanks for the offer Saad. Perhaps you can take me for a spin at the next Canberra get together? :)

saad

Go Kart Champion
Try GC Corp or superchips.co.uk

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
I ordered mine direct from the UK. Couldn't believe how quickly it arrived.... 3 days from ordering to receiving! And you track the whole thing via a DHL web page.

Hi Ferris,

Whereabouts are you getting your Bluefin from?

zogger

Ready to race!
I got mine through a contact at superchips.co.nz (i had to ask to have a chup!)

zogger

Ready to race!
I had the map altered to give more aggressive acceleration, you can still spin the wheels in second gear with ESP on. But other than that its really down to how heavy footed you are and the depth of your pockets for tyres haha.

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
Oh, and while browsing the web I came across the following calculators. I had some fun playing around with weight and power settings... they actually look fairly accurate to me. What do you guys reckon?

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp
http://www.torquestats.com/modified/index.php?pid=calculator

interesting calculators they actually seem quite accurate and quite on the money.. if you plug in data for well known cars and acceleration figures they actually match up might use this to work out potentially what times my little car can do :)

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Yeah I agree, I thought they looked quite accurate too. But I reckon they have just entered in known 0-100 times for stock cars as per manufacturer specs... I think the real test is when you reduce the weight a little, or add some more power... see how close to real-life those times are.

interesting calculators they actually seem quite accurate and quite on the money.. if you plug in data for well known cars and acceleration figures they actually match up might use this to work out potentially what times my little car can do :)

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
Yeah I agree, I thought they looked quite accurate too. But I reckon they have just entered in known 0-100 times for stock cars as per manufacturer specs... I think the real test is when you reduce the weight a little, or add some more power... see how close to real-life those times are.

i actually did that.. because i put my car on a weight reduction program... and gave it a bit of a power up... and i know the rough 0-100km/h times based on some gps and comp measured times.. the numbers this calc quotes is actually almost identical to the times i measured using my own equipment.