GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picked up our GTI today :)

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Hi all,

My wife and I collected our 3dr GTI today. We're very happy indeed! :laugh: Everything went smoothly, aside from noticing a (very) small rub mark on the plastic near the drivers seat. Nothing major, but I noted it on the delivery checklist, and I was told that they will 'look at' replacing the part at my first service. Speaking of which, the first service is due at 7500km... this was a surprise, as I thought it would be due sooner than that. By the way, I went through the forum and compiled a list of things to check before accepting the car. Very useful, thanks to everyone who previously provided advice. I took my time and checked everything was OK before handing over the cheque.

One glitch I had was the MFD language was set to German. Spent ages pressing and holding down the menu button to try and change the setting, until I checked this forum and realised that the button is disabled on Aus cars (without Sat Nav). So went back and the dealer used their laptop thingy to change the language to English.

I think I'm going to need to replace the standard aerial with a smaller one, as it gets caught on our garage door. I notice many of you guys ordered one online... is there anything wrong with ones I presume you can buy from local auto warehouses? (I'm guessing they would stock universal aerials to fit any car?).

And I may be going a bit crazy here, or it could be the new car smell getting to my head :rolleyes: , but I noticed a pressure difference when I was in the car with the windows up and the fan on (my ears could feel it). Maybe the car is much better sealed than my previous one? Or maybe I'm just going nuts! Has anyone else noticed this?

One thing's for sure, I won't be in any hurry to remap the ECU or add performance mods... the car has awesome torque and power! I'm driving sensibly during the run-in period- only 3/4 throttle, not bouncing off the redline etc, but it still has effortless acceleration. What a great car... it almost makes my 2.2ltr auto Camry feel slow! :wink:

Here's a picture of our new pride and joy...

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Hmm, I must have not uploaded the attachment correctly. Trying again...

Attachments

• gti.jpg
    gti.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 341

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
You need one of these in your garage ferris... a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California... Sorry I could quote that movie all day!

nah man, congrats on the delivery. See you out on the mean streets of Canberra sometime!

PS - You wont resist the temptation to mod the ecu for much longer.... I wanted to keep mine stock when I picked mine up too!

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
revdes - you're right, I'll need to update my sig, thanks for the reminder :)
Ciaran - you know the 250 GT California they used in the film was a fake? I think it was a MGB or something with a body kit! And I'll keep an eye out for you around the place :)

Thanks for the congrats guys!

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
congrats buddy, your car looks hot. better to get an OEM sharkfin antenna. ur 2.2L camry is nothing on the GTI. just wait till you run it in. my old mans camry felt like a dying mule after driving my GTI.

aussiegti

VW pumping thru my veins
Congratulations and welcome also!

You mentioned first service @7,500km.

This does seem strange but not because it's too late, but actually it's too early.

Official service starts at 15,000km, although some people (including myself) do an oil & filter change @ 7,500km.

Anyhow enjoy the car like the rest of us!

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
I reckon I remember seeing your car shortly after coming off the truck. I thought I had a photo of it, but no joy. Ah, well, another 3dr in town. :thumbsup:

The 7,500km service is not mandatory. I chose to change the oil myself on our GTI. In fact, my sales guy (now at Cream restaurant) even said not to bother with the 7,500km service.

Hope to see you around soon. Short notice GTG anyone?

Cheers Liam

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
revdes - you're right, I'll need to update my sig, thanks for the reminder :)
Ciaran - you know the 250 GT California they used in the film was a fake? I think it was a MGB or something with a body kit! And I'll keep an eye out for you around the place :)

Thanks for the congrats guys!

You mean that wasn't the real car they drove out of the building.

Ripped off! :laugh:

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
I'll give it a miss tonight, but I'm keen to come out in future with you guys.

What do you normally get up to on your drives?... where do you normally go?