GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Frankenturbo F23T Owner's Thread

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Has anyone besides myself ran the F23T with a K04 tune and which brand if you did? What kind of numbers did you got?

I dont live in the US so i would only have access to Revo or Unitronic from the big names (APR doesnt sell their K04 tune alone), all other "custom tune" options are remotelly tuned and they basically suck big time.

Juggern@ut

Yezus Krys
Car(s)
GTi MKV
I do not have the F23T but IIRC I've seen some mention of the F23T on Unitronics FAQ page. Maybe they do custom tunes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
Has anyone besides myself ran the F23T with a K04 tune and which brand if you did? What kind of numbers did you got?

I dont live in the US so i would only have access to Revo or Unitronic from the big names (APR doesnt sell their K04 tune alone), all other "custom tune" options are remotelly tuned and they basically suck big time.

It's hard to justify the costs of flashing to one of the existing, older K04 files on this platform. And that's for one simple reason: they all require expensive S3 fuel injectors. By the time you factor in the parts and labor for that requirement, you can have flashed the car with Eurodyne's stock injector software for more power.

CPT.SLO

Passed Driver's Ed
From what I've heard most of the off the shelf K04 tunes don't work well, or not as well as a custom tune, with the f23t. I was going to go with Revo, but just like Doug said they wouldn't flash it until I got bigger injectors. So I went with Eurodyne and couldn't be happier. I know 613b6 does great remote tuning on Eurodyne, and he has done cars all over the world.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
It's hard to justify the costs of flashing to one of the existing, older K04 files on this platform. And that's for one simple reason: they all require expensive S3 fuel injectors. By the time you factor in the parts and labor for that requirement, you can have flashed the car with Eurodyne's stock injector software for more power.

I know, when you have to spend money on S3/RS4 injectors plus labor those other options sound way better, also it will work better, but when there are no Eurodyne dealers around here, or someone that could tune it for me, that might have to include dyno time too doesnt sound that good, because eurodyne is also more expensive than Revo K04 tune (and i had already paid for stage 2+, it was only an extra 100usd for the upgrade), im not sure of the price of unitronic tune, in my case i had already bought the RS4 injectors because the previous tuner asked for them, i ended up trading them for S3 injectors to use Revo k04, labor is cheap down here, only about 50usd for that :headbang:

Im more interested in the TSI engine now, no tuner would require injectors or expensive HPFP, car doesnt have any tune, so there is no money to lose changing tune brands, but there are no people selling or tuning eurodyne here.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
So you guys can't run stock injectors with rs4 FPRV like us k04 guys?

k04 and stuff.

Its the same, it depends on who does the tune, with DM it was possible, as it is with Eurodyne, using a big name K04 tune it usually requires the S3 injectors.

Last edited:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Im surprised they went with RS4s instead of S3 injecors (plans for bigger turbo in the future maybe?).

150mph in Mexico :burnrubber:

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
thats what im running for injectors. doing my rods and intake manifold and water meth right now to prep for dyno tune.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
We ran out of room on the stock injectors and the car owner went with the RS4s based on their price. Our testing showed the stock fuel injectors with Eurodyne are good for up to 350whp. But when really pushing the new MixedFlow turbo, it overmatched the stock fueling.

Sleekwalker13

Question

:readthethread:Hi I'm Jack, I have a 08vw Jetta mkv and would like to adjust TSC(torque steering compensate?). I believe I would need a certified Ross tech cable to do that? Or can I buy one of the ebayer :readthethread::readthethread:

Guffaw

I'm interested in any updates too. Just got my f23t in the mail and I believe I'm going to go with eurodyne maestro. I'm apr stage 2+ now and was going to keep the stock injectors for now at least. how is the base maestro file for the f23t and stock injectors? I remember reading that DM would recommend upgrading the prv to either the rs4 prv or the 145 bar prv from hpfpupgrade if using stock injectors, but I also though I saw that the f23t stock injector eurodyne file only requested 120bar. Does anyone know anything about that?DM also recommended getting the golf r map sensor so the ecu can read more boost, what are you guys using?

Thanks