GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Frankenturbo F23T Owner's Thread

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I figured this could be beneficial to all of us who have F23T's on our cars so we can help each other with issues.

Has anyone ran their F23T with stage 2+ programming while using a Manual boost controller?

If so, i need to know everything there is to know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car(s)
Subaru
I don't recommend it and I don't think Doug does either

But I like the idea of this thread. Should be official unofficial though like the bt guys haha

Sent from my flip phone

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
What about K04 tune? F23T is a K04 hybrid AFAIK, and i have seen some good results with people running modified K04´s on their respective tune, REVO for instance, it can be "tuned" with the SPS, that might help.

I know is not ideal, but it is not like the turbos are that different from each other, DM tunes only vary about 20hp.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I don't recommend it and I don't think Doug does either

But I like the idea of this thread. Should be official unofficial though like the bt guys haha

Sent from my flip phone

Actually, doug was the one who suggested it to me since it will be a while before I can buy an intercooler/rs4 rail valve/DM tuning. B/C right now i'm running straight off the WGA, and only boosting about 7 psi :( It's slower than stock right now, and that's killing me. He suggested I get a boostvalve MBC to run with my APR programming. I just don't know what PSI to set the MBC at to be safe.

What about K04 tune? F23T is a K04 hybrid AFAIK, and i have seen some good results with people running modified K04´s on their respective tune, REVO for instance, it can be "tuned" with the SPS, that might help.

I know is not ideal, but it is not like the turbos are that different from each other, DM tunes only vary about 20hp.

Hmmm... I have no clue about that. I suppose I could ask APR about it and see what they say.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
I just ran mine stock before I had the file on it but was ideally full stage 2+ setup, at that point i never really pushed it hard til I had the right file on the car.

Although even now I rarely use the extra power on the car, you can only get to 30 so fast before it seems pointless, and to me the biggest improvements of this turbo are seen at 60+.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I just ran mine stock before I had the file on it but was ideally full stage 2+ setup, at that point i never really pushed it hard til I had the right file on the car.

Although even now I rarely use the extra power on the car, you can only get to 30 so fast before it seems pointless, and to me the biggest improvements of this turbo are seen at 60+.

You mean you ran the oem stock tune?

How did the car react?

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Yes the OEM stock tune. The car had no issues while driving it around and nothing felt off, but I never pushed it during that time, I also kept the rpms low while driving around.

Car(s)
Subaru
He said it was okay to run s2+ or on a stock tune? Maybe, idk. The stock tune with a mbc can be done. Without the mbc you can just stay out of boost and it will be fine. Just don't floor it and you won't see any overboost

Sent from my flip phone

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Yes the OEM stock tune. The car had no issues while driving it around and nothing felt off, but I never pushed it during that time, I also kept the rpms low while driving around.

Yeaaa i don't have that much self control.

He said it was okay to run s2+ or on a stock tune? Maybe, idk. The stock tune with a mbc can be done. Without the mbc you can just stay out of boost and it will be fine. Just don't floor it and you won't see any overboost

Sent from my flip phone

Stage 2+ with a mbc.

Car(s)
Subaru
Okay, I guess I was wrong. I just wondered if the requested boost would come in at too low of an rpm. Good to know for future reference though

Sent from my flip phone

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
the mbc should be set to the same thing that the wga preload is set to i believe.

originally Doug said to set that to 12 psi, but i think he has been revising the wga to set them to 8 psi? just email Doug. he will tell you exactly what to do. he's awesome at responding to emails. he's a nut with this shit!!

Doug said to me that it is not recommended to run the f23t with any software other than what is written for it. He advised me against using my GIAC stage 2 software with the turbo as they probably wouldnt mesh nicely; however, a k04 software is different because the turbos are a bit similar.

Regardless, the MBC is there to protect the car from overboosting (mainly on stock software i believe) to prevent the car from going limp (very annoying). it is possible to drive the car on stock software for some time, but i would not recommend it. even driving on the highway trying to pass someone in 6th gear would throw the car limp

best thing is to contact Doug!!!

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Red5pade how's that FX350 treating you ? steel or aluminum FW?

Car(s)
Subaru
Haha. Just post back.

So I had the wga reset and ran a quick log to make sure it's right and I think it is. Maybe 9psi if my butt dyno has anything to say about it. I'll look at the log in 30mins and email it to Doug and Bronson.

To comment on it, this feels a 1000 million times better. I'm not running a tune with the n75 on until I get a tune next week or whenever Bronson gets to it.

I did get a 0299 code though during the logging session hahaha.

Sent from my flip phone