GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. nickygym

How do I remove DSG stick on paddle shift extensions?

I currently have some stick on paddle shift extensions on my car and no longer want them. How would I remove them from the car without damage my OEM paddles.
  2. nickygym

Help! EuroJet exhaust hits brake line!

My EJ exhaust hits one of my brake lines! I noticed that it hit it a month ago so I put some tape around the brake line to protect it and then re adjusted the exhaust system. However, today I noticed that the exhaust hanger is still hitting the brake line. This is at the back left hand corner of...
  3. nickygym

Euro JEt and Steve Petty Motorsports SPM exhaust compatibility?

Is a Eurojet Gen. 2 system compatible with a STP track mid section? I currently have a EJ CBE and need to know if the SPM track mid section will fit it. SPM mid section: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/ES2857642/ EJ CBE...
  4. nickygym

Do you need a CARB sticker on a Neuspeed Pflow Intake to pass CA Smog?

My CARB Legal sticker fell off of my intake some time in the last year. Anyways, am I still able to pass smog with out that sticker? Thank you.
  5. nickygym

Car makes a single metallic pop noise when in Reverse

I have an early 2008 GTI. Some of the times when I shift into reverse and then start to accelerate, there is a loud pop that seems to be coming from the from left corner of the car. The noise on happens some of the times, and it happens when I first accelerate I reverse. It sounds metallic and...
  6. nickygym

Occasional Steering Wheel Vibration?

I got new tires (Michelin PSS) about 1 month ago. I had no problems for the first 2 weeks. After that I started to get a vibration from the steering wheel at 65+. I took the car back to Discount Tire, but they said the wheels where already balanced. Since then, the vibrations have been coming...
  7. nickygym

Letting Car Idle after driving to Help Turbo?

I read on CarThrottle that you should let turbo cars idle for a few minutes before turning it off? Is this true? "Most people here will understand why you shouldn’t just drive like a hooligan the second your engine’s turned on, but the general public might not, so I feel it’s something that...
  8. nickygym

235mm or 245mm Tires on an 8" rim?

I currently have 225mm tires on my 8" rim. I would like to get slightly wider tries so I can have a bit more grip. I also do not like the slightly stretched tire look too much. I am not looking at lowering my car any time soon, so tire rubbing is not an issue. Would 245mm wide tires be able to...
  9. nickygym

Car makes grinding noise when cornering

When I go onto a freeway at about 45 mph on the curving on ramp, my car makes a grinding noise coming from the front left wheel. I will be going 45mph down a right hand curved on ramp when my car makes a grinding noise from the front right wheel. What would it be? Thank you.
  10. nickygym

FSI Engine Chirps While Idling

I have a 2008 GTI and when it idles it sounds as if the engine is "chirping". IS this bad? If so what could it be? I tried to record it but it wasn't picked up in my video.
  11. nickygym

DSG service 20k over due. Need Help.

SO I purchased a used GTI about 8 months ago. It had 60k miles on it when I got it Certified Pre Owned from a Dealership. I just now found out that the Transmission fluid had never been changed so I just got it done (63,750 miles). The dealership gave me a very hard time about it being 20k miles...
  12. nickygym

Megan Racing Exhaust?

I am on the market of a CBE, and I have heard a ton of different videos. Anyways, I actually kinda like the sound of the Megan exhaust with out the resonator. It is also a lot cheaper than other exhausts. I currently have a res delete stock CBE and want something one step up. What is the quality...
  13. nickygym

Turbo Back Vs. Cat Back For Sound Only

I am looking at upgrading the sound of my car. I currently have a Res. delete and want one step up. Later on in the Future I will go Stage 1 or 2, but for now all I want is sound. I love low end burbling and crackling at low RPM's. I live in San Diego so I need a cat. Is it with $500 for a...
  14. nickygym

Gti exhaust that is an upgrade over Res delete?

So I am looking at getting a cat back exhaust. I currently have a resonator deleted, but I want something a step up from that is volume level and sound. I am currently looking at the Autotech exhaust, AWE, Borla, and cheap eBay Megan exhaust. I don’t want to get an exhaust if it will just be...
  15. nickygym

Loud crackling cat back exhaust?

I currently has a res deleted stock exhaust and want something louder and something that crackles when I come off the accelerator. I love the noise that sounds like fireworks when you take your foot off the accelerator and the revs go down. Oh, and by the way I did search this form before hand...
  16. nickygym

H&R Race Springs W/ Blistein Shocks or Koni FSD With H&R Sport Springs?

I am looking at lowering my 2008 GTI about 1" more. I am either looking at getting the H&R Race Spring & Bilstein Sport Shocks Combo or the Koni FSD and the H&R sport springs. I HAVE searched all over this forum and VW Votex but have not found any real answers. Which one with ride better? How...
  17. nickygym

Gti Tool set?

I need to get a tool set for my GTI? Has any one ever tried this one? http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2598154/
  18. nickygym

What does an engine cover do?

Is it bad to remove the cover? Does it cause paint fade?
  19. nickygym

Stock Engine wear vs APR Tuned Engine wear

I have been thinking about getting APR 1, however I full out floored my car for the first time today and it was plenty fast enough. So I have one question: Does a floored GTI stock engine wear faster/equal to/or less than a floored APR 1 tuned engine?
  20. nickygym

Resonator Delete Mod effects Milage?

I recently removed my resonator and installed a straight pipe instead. Since then, I have noticed my milage drop by about 3mpg. Has any one else had this happen or is it just me? I have been trying to drive efficiently, however I am still getting Aweful milage.