GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo Back Vs. Cat Back For Sound Only

nickygym

Ready to race!
I am looking at upgrading the sound of my car. I currently have a Res. delete and want one step up. Later on in the Future I will go Stage 1 or 2, but for now all I want is sound. I love low end burbling and crackling at low RPM's. I live in San Diego so I need a cat. Is it with $500 for a downpipes for just a bit of sound? Here are the current exhausts that I am looking at:
Turbo Back:
1)42DD TBE W/ street series down pipe
2) Eurojet 3" with cat
Catback:
1)Autotech/magnafow
2)AWE
3)42DD CBE
4)Eurojet
5)APR RSC (love the sound, hate the cost)

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I got a used APR RSC TBE for quite a steal. And I noticed there is another in the FS section for 700$.
Just depends. If you want only sound, get a CB. If you want performance, get a dp. I've heard that dp's make a stock exhaust sound good, but don't know.

Mylilredwagon

I have a custom DP w/ resonator delete and stock end piece. Nice low grumble @startup, hardly noticeable on street and nice sound on med-heavy throttle. "Sleeper, until I mash it!"

jonht96

Whatever you get I would spring for stainless steel. I know it's $$$ but in the long run it'll prolly be nicer. Well idk I guess on second though you are in Cali so you might be fine but can't hurt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickygym

Ready to race!
Installed my eurojet cat back. Doesn't quite have the sound that I am looking for. It is not, as loud as I thought, and it doesn't crackle and pop as much. Would a eurojet Dow pipe fix this?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
The cat cuts out a lot of sound
I really liked the sound of a catless resonated DP mated to the stock DP, but it was a gateway drug and I eventually ended up going full TBE