GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Resonator Delete Mod effects Milage?

nickygym

Ready to race!
I recently removed my resonator and installed a straight pipe instead. Since then, I have noticed my milage drop by about 3mpg. Has any one else had this happen or is it just me? I have been trying to drive efficiently, however I am still getting Aweful milage.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
You've been driving it differently so "better to hear it with"!
I can average, long term avg., from 24.5mpg(more play) to 31mpg(trying for mileage) depending on how I drive it. Normally I average 26.5 to 27mpg. It averaged 28.5mpg to 29.5mpg when normally driven and it was K03 and only tuned with an intake and reso delete.

nickygym

Ready to race!
Thad what I thought, but then I tried to drive efficiently and still got bad milage. Good to know that it's just me not the car.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
I don't know about with a res delete, mines was like that when I got it, but I was getting around 30 if I tried if not about 26 or so and if was really honey badgering it I would bet around 20-22. I did, however, notice a change when I got rid of my dp and went back to stock.

xatnys360

Ready to race!
Temperatures are falling - that could be a variable in your mpg. Also, does anyone know when the switch occurs from summer- to winter-blend fuel?

R1600Turbo

Ready to race!
I have mine removed as well. 90% of my work commute has the cruise control set at 60mph, plus any in-town errands I have to run, I usually average around 29mpg. 6MT.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Oxygen in the fuel is affected when it cools too.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
So when is the switch to winter blend?

As others have said, cooler weather makes a huge difference for a lot of reasons. Denser air = more fuel to add to keep a/f right; longer periods running rich during warmup, etc.