GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

235mm or 245mm Tires on an 8" rim?

nickygym

Ready to race!
I currently have 225mm tires on my 8" rim. I would like to get slightly wider tries so I can have a bit more grip. I also do not like the slightly stretched tire look too much. I am not looking at lowering my car any time soon, so tire rubbing is not an issue. Would 245mm wide tires be able to fit on an 8" rim? Does nay one have any pictures of how it would look. Thank you.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
You should be fine with a 245/40 if rubbing isn't a concern. 245s on an 8 inch wheel is actually pretty common with the E46 folks.

That said, what kind of tires are you running right now? Perhaps you can go with a stickier compound? I'm in SoCal and run summer tires all year round regardless of rain.

nickygym

Ready to race!
I currently have Hankook Ventus V12 Evo. Was looking at Michelin PSS. Could I still use a 40mm profile if I went with 245mm width?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I've friends that had run the V12 Evos in the past and hated them so a change in tires should make a notable difference.

I don't know enough to tell you how much of a difference it will make or how much an extra 20 mill will make but I'm sure someone will chime in.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I have 235 on both cars, I think 245 would rub like crazy unless you are stock height. These are 18x8 et45.

Last edited:

theQuixote

Car(s)
2008 Rabbit S
I have 235/40-18s but I'm at stock height. They don't rub, but idk if you're lowered. They are on Flat Fives. The roads don't allow lowering where I'm at lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
What offset and where are your pics?

DerekH

Ready to race!
45, the only ass shot i have was before an alignment and some tweaks to the front and rear height. It should be noted that i scrubbed the front strut by a very small amount. i could have left it but i put 3mm spacers on there just to be safe which makes it fine now. on really bad bumps it will rub a little on the rear bumper but its pretty violent in the car to get that to happen. Toronto roads are not great. Specially for H&R RSS clubsports.

Another after it settled a bit and is my current ride height.

Last edited: