GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highest mileage on a FSI?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Didn't JetTurbo (not sure if that's 100% accurate on his username) have like 250k miles or something before he disappeared? I feel like that mileage was a while ago. Not sure if he still has the car or not.

mccloud25

I currently drive an FSI with 145k on it. It was bone stock and checked up every 8 months with the previous old lady who owned it. I've had some misfire problems and also times where the engine decided to run lean. Since I've had it all that's been done is heavy suspension components and an Injen SP Short Ram Series Cold Air Intake. I replace oil every 5k personally to inspect the under body and everything else. From everybody I've heard from these 2.0T engines can run up to 250k, seen it myself.

Projektmkv

Ready to race!
I'm at 150k. Just did its second timing belt, pcv, brake booster hoses, waterpump, seals, belt, valve cover gasket, coils, spark plugs, etc. and a Decarb valve clean service. And she runs like new. Oil changes done at 5k on the dot using Liquimoly only. Preventative maintenance is key to keeping this engine running strong for a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

smokey26_02

Ready to race!
173k and counting on my MKV 07 :) ... Goal is 200K, although i think i'll get another car and keep it as a spare as it doenst cost me anything. Insurance about $45 a month.

Ronan1

Ready to race!
I'm at 150k. Just did its second timing belt, pcv, brake booster hoses, waterpump, seals, belt, valve cover gasket, coils, spark plugs, etc. and a Decarb valve clean service. And she runs like new. Oil changes done at 5k on the dot using Liquimoly only. Preventative maintenance is key to keeping this engine running strong for a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

This is key. 147k miles here, original owner. I've had the ac compressor, high pressure fuel pump, hvac panel, drivers door lock & fuel pressure sensor fail, which probably cost me about $2200 out of pocket over 8 years - i call that a win :)

Im all over maintenance though - oil changes every 5k with liquidly too, 40k cam follower replacement etc.

airchina83

2008 GLI, 160k miles

Had car since new and still on original clutch. Done oil changes every 5k, air and cabin filters every 20k, fuel filters every 40k, coil packs and spark plugs twice, and one battery change. I'm still getting 29mpg combined on premium 91 gas.

Had a PCV failure and a fuel pressure sensor malfunction early on, but all replaced under warranty.

Had some boost hose leaks, but replaced them with Forge Silicone ones that have been leak-free for over 7 years.

Thermostat failed around 100k, but ended up having the timing chain and water pump done also.

AC went out shorter after and I've since disconnected it by using a shorter belt.

I've developed a very slow oil leak but i think it's a damaged oil filter housing as it has been soiled the last few oil changes.

I have yet to clean the intake valves and the car still gets the same mileage and power as new. I still get false, rear tail-light burnt out warnings periodically though. This drives you mad and I have tried everything and found that bending the contact clip for a tauter fit helps the bulbs stay lit.

I highly recommend deleting the noise pipe system that re-routes compressed intake air to a small "speaker" horn in the passenger-side firewall. Since removing all of the plumbing and parts with the Audi A3 throttle pipe, it sounds more natural and spools noticeably faster. I've also replaced the diverter valve to the upgraded, piston-type one found on newer MK5s.

Make sure to check that cam follower in the HPFP periodically, my car isn't chipped, over boosted, nor do I drive it hard daily but I did check it once before 100k and it was still great with no wear nor discoloration but I replaced it anyways.

Overall, the car still pulls hard, fun to drive, good on gas and insurance. I do regret not getting the 4-door GTI as the hatch offers more practical usage.

I have done an array of other mods that I could've done without and have since returned the car back to stock, stock is always the best in the end I hate to say. Drivers Wanted.

Last edited:

RalleyTuned

Car(s)
Audi A3
My FSI lasted 192k before the tbelt snapped and took out the original, head (service was skipped by the dealership but they refused to pay for damage). So i'm at 198k now with a new head and a rebuilt origional bottom end, OG Turbo and Trans still with no issues.

mccloud25

I also have an '06 Gli and I'm currently at 151,000. It still runs like a champ and I haven't replaced the cam follower, nor the timing chain stuff. All I've done is intake, BOV, and springs and struts. Still get 300 miles per tank along with about 27.5 mpg on the highway. And coming from a 17 and the way we all stereo-typically drive, I'd say your 70k will do you well. When I was looking at buying a new mk5 I was looking at the 50k to 80k range in the first place.

IMperfectGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Reviving an old thread, I'm at 163K. APR Stage 2+, Upgraded GPFP Internals, Carbonio Stage 1 Intake, R8 Coil Packs, 3" Catted Down Pipe, GFB DV+, I have a BSH Catch Can to install soon. I replace the cam Follower every 2 Oil Changes.

But I just got a phone call from a extended warranty company saying i was approved for coverage. Are you sure you want to offer me 100K of additional coverage starting at this mileage? Sure, go right ahead!