GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highest mileage on a FSI?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Sorry to bring back the dead. I'm at 160k miles and also the longest car that i've kept haha. Service interval manuals end at 150K so i'm in new territory. Anyone have more miles than me? Do you have a good maintenance schedule?
Not just responding for your sake...but for others as well. I have made my own service interval spread-sheet after having gone through the maintenance schedule in the owners manual and included additions of my own. At 146k miles now...and hope to keep adding to it. Luckily the miles/year have declined and I am putting less than 5k miles/year these past few years. So I consider some services to be done in a number of years rather than miles. Brake fluid, timing belt, and more.

I plan doing the timing chain, adjuster, and vacuum pump at 150k miles and I need to replace the leaking oil filter and cooler seals soon. Not sure which or if both is leaking, but noticed a month or two ago that oil has begun trickling down from the area for both. I have other plans as well; revert back to catted DP, new turbo and injectors soon, might be adding a Catch-Can, new coilovers...likely going to try Forge Super Low's because wanting to try low spring preload, still get a good drop, and maintain full damper travel.

Last edited:

jmerchh

105,00 miles here, doing a spark plug / coil pack change and oil change later today. I want this thing to hit at least 150.. then I'll try an engine swap.

Stenosis

198K on bone stock 2006. I'm new owner since 195K. Time belt done at 190K, AC compressor at 160K. I replaced both axles and CAM follower. I'm new to VW's and have fell in love with my GTI. Car pulls hard and suspension is tight. So much fun to drive! Stage 1 to celebrate 200K? Hmmm..

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
198K on bone stock 2006. I'm new owner since 195K. Time belt done at 190K, AC compressor at 160K. I replaced both axles and CAM follower. I'm new to VW's and have fell in love with my GTI. Car pulls hard and suspension is tight. So much fun to drive! Stage 1 to celebrate 200K? Hmmm..

Be careful with that storm that's supposed to be coming your way.

Also, 140K miles on my 2006.

carbonduc27

Car(s)
07 CW GTI 4dr Stage2
I'm at 128k on my 06'. Had it since 58k. Was stage 2 when I got it and for the past 5k it has been F23T frankenturbo with no issues.

I did timing and water pump at 75k and again at 120k since the new turbo was going in.

Most rubber and suspension has been replaced just for fun/upgrades. Only issue was the thermostat going out at 74k. Love this little car!

Hallmonitor

Passed Driver's Ed
My ‘06 GTI just hit 127k with only small problems like tires going out and coolant hoses blowing off because of me never being able to leave things alone.

I got the car at 98k and went stage 2+ with GIAC around 123k or something and everything has been fine besides oem ignition coils going out.

Changed oil every 5-6k but still have more maintenance coming up including timing belt, water pump, brake fluid and coolant flush. Plan on putting some solo werks s1 coils some time next year along with some 18x9s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodz

Ready to race!
2008 Stage 4 REVO - 97k miles still running strong. I'm crazy strict on maintenance and upgrading parts that could potentially fail.

Pudding

Passed Driver's Ed
126K Edition 30 and still showing 14 bar compression across all 4 cylinders. Mobil 1 0W40 most of it's life, changed every 3K.

It's been stage 1 and 2+ for years. Very strong engines if treated sympathetically, oil changed regularly and not getting too greedy with the boost.

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
190.000km. stage 2+ desde los 25000km . Averias: 2 K03 nada mas. Cambio aceite cada 11000km , nunca se a descarbonizado la admision , que creo que sera lo proximo

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Thank god for Google translate with that last post, lol.

Lmao! I’m at 115k on the ol R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Officially in the 200k miles club as of today :thumbsup:

Stenosis

Very Nice! - I just clocked over 203K with last weekends 400 mile trip through the mountains of North Carolina. Purring life a kitten....

Have my 3" down pipe going on next week, and stage 2 tune shortly after that.

Wondering how tuning effects high mileage engines....guess I'll be finding out!!

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Thanks! Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. In my opinion the engine itself should not suffer that much assuming the compression is still good, if the turbo is in good shape it should also be alright. The clutch/transmission will take the most hit I think.

Goodz

Ready to race!
98k stage 4 revo stock motor