GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yousaf's 1.9 TDI Mk5 Golf Build Thread

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Hey All,

Please excuse me if I've made any mistakes i.e. posted this thread in the wrong category but i'm new to forums so please excuse me!

Basically my name is Yousaf, I'm 17 years old and have just bought my very first car, a 2004 1.9 TDI Mk5 Golf 105 version. It has 82,000 on the clock and despite some light cosmetic blushes was a right steal at a price of £2500 for a low mileage diesel! Before this I was sharing a Polo 9N3 1.4 with my sister and I have always been into cars and euro cars in particular so ended up taking my polo to quite a few EuroDub meets etc. but this one will be my real project and despite being a student with a very limited budget I will totally transform this car and make it mine!

Thanks Guys! :happyanim:

Last edited:

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Already made my first noob mistake, forgot to upload pictures!

But yes anyways, here is my car!

The car itself drives perfectly fine and is mechanically perfect, the only unfortunate thing is that the driver before was a really sh*t driver and scratched up the car EVERYWHERE!

First thing will be exterior looks 100%!

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
That sucks to hear they gave you a hard time.. Move to Scotland. There, the Pakistani crown rule the car scene;) my advice is go to another but maybe at an earlier hour. I'm sure not everyone is like that, at least I hope not!
Car looks good . What sort if plans you got for it in mind? For sure wheels and lowered is a must.
Your car looks just like a mates here in Spain . Paint scratches all in the sane places. 1.9tdi in silver. Just he bought an old set of 19" w12 reps from me a while back.
Anyway welcome to the forum. Lots of info and pics to get all the ideas you could dream of.
:thumbsup:

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Hey Elliott!

Thanks so much for your support and let's just hope people end up seeing through skin colours and get over this stupid ordeal!

And regarding the car, just the usual is in mind to be honest, getting the ride height lower and lower, getting the alloys wider and wider and ofcourse making the wallet emptier and emptier haha!

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Hey Das!

Here is my 9N3 Polo, It was fully original when I took it off my sister in the usual sky blue colour. Once I got the car I had it sprayed in white and had the front end i.e. the bumper inserts and headlights changed to the gti ones, also I had the usual tints and alloys done etc but no lows/chamber etc because my sister still drove it here and there and I wasn't trusting her to scrape up the car ha!

This is when my sister crashed it and I decided to go for a new look!

After the repairs and changes

And dont worry guys I took off the noobish GTi badge haha, it only came with the grille set and thats why is on at the start of the first few pics!

Hope that helps :) !

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Hey all, quick update!

Something small came through today, the 3D bonnet release handle off of the Mk6 Golfs, My one was getting the white worms on them and looked horrible so I felt this was much needed! I've already split the logo from the back and am looking to spray them both two different colours and was thinking to go for a yellow back with a matte black vw logo for a 'batman' look haha thoughts please? Thanks guyssss!

The old badge

The white worm

New 3D logo

Taken apart ready for spray

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
New badge on and sprayed :)

Thoughts guys?

(Excess paint later got removed before application)

:D

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
Hey guys, just a quick update

Basically yesterday I gave my car to my uncle to use for the night as he had to complete some runs and he accidentally put petrol in my car instead of diesel :( .. the cars at the garage right now getting drained but they said as he put in a full tank of diesel theres a high chance that the car may have injector problems or diesel pump problems? Does anyone have any solutions or something because right now im desoerate in hoping my car is okay :(

Thanks guys

Jet08

Ready to race!
Petrol in a diesel happens often, depends how far it had been driven, but there is better than 50% chance of no damage again depends on how much diesel to petrol was in the tank.

Good luck hope it was caught in time.

goneD4rk

Banned
Exactly :(

are you going to get yellow shoes to match your badge?

If your car don't run no more, at least it will look good :biggrin:

YousafMk5

VDub Enthusiast!
She's back guys!!!! :D

Luckily nothing happened and shes driving perfectly fine, sooo lucky!

By the way my whole front end is now F#CKED :((( .. The whole grille had to be broken off etc during the process for some stupid reason but I will take some pictures tomorrow and show you all.. but the good thing for now is that she's home and shes perfect!

Jet08

Ready to race!
As I said this is quite common so I can adjust my percentage up to 65% for no damage ... well except for the butchering of the front end :)