GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yet Another Destroyed Camshaft !

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
Had another B7 A4 in the shop, came in for a flash, left without his car and needing a new camshaft !

:frown::thumbsup:

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
Vehicle has minor modifications, and about 60k on it. Customer wanted to do an upgraded APR Flash told me his car wasn't running properly, checked faults, had 1 of the 3 codes of death so we decided it would be wise to check the pump, follower, cam...

...well turned out my assumptions were correct. Currently waiting on parts, will update when we pull everything apart !

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
dayum that sux

formul8

My GLI farts
Car(s)
2006 GLI
My GLI had this done at 40k miles. Wondering if this will happen again...

A killer engine with one really stupid design flaw. :mad::mad::mad:

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Same thing happened to my follower/pump. The slant on my plunger was worse than that. Changed pump and follower and have been keeping an eye on it. Running gravy... For now at least lol.

formul8

My GLI farts
Car(s)
2006 GLI
The plunger on mine was pretty worn also, but the the follower was only scored and not all the way through like the one in the OP.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
Curse the "Codes of death"

Carnage from my car last summer!

:eyebulge: Now THAT is fucked. Hope everything is all well now with it. Did you change out everything? How much did it run you?

Midwest Hick

verrUcktVW
Car(s)
Candy White GTI
i literally just changed my cam follower half hour ago, im glad i kept up on that now. i changed it twice (so 3 followers total) and im now at 47,980 miles

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
I would be interested to know which engine oil and oil change interval for those with cam follower failures.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
is the follower replacement something that can be done quickly at home? i haven't had any problems with mine and i'm wondering if the noise coming from my engine bay could be related to this.